Foul smell forces evacuation of Agueda Johnston Middle School
Agueda Johnston Middle School students in Ordot and staff evacuated the building due to a foul odor. The Guam Fire Department were dispatched this morning with GFD's HAZMAT Team responding. There were no reports of any injuries. According to Guam Department of Education Spokeswoman Isa Baza, the evacuation ended at shortly after noon and students were back in the classrooms.
GFD remained on site to further examine the quad area.
GFD spokesperson Kevin Reilly said it was slight odor of sulfur and after conducting air sampling and monitoring the scene there were no toxic or flammable environments detected.
While evacuated a female minor was treated at the scene for heat exposure related symptoms and was treated by the school nurse.