The island can rest a little easier knowing that the search has ended for the suspects involved in a hit-and-run incident and what appeared to be an assault with a machete that occurred Saturday night in Dededo.

A 38-year-old continues to fight for his life after an incident on Magsaysay Street last Saturday night. For days the Guam Police Department looked to the community for help getting more information on the incident and the suspect car. Today, two men are charged with attempted murder in connection to this case: 30-year-old B.J. Johnny and 37-year-old Siren Nathan.

According to court documents, a witness reported she was walking when she saw the victim being attacked by three men: Bernardino Kanistus, who held down the man and B.J. Johnny and Siren Nathan., who attacked the man with a machete. Although the witness told the attackers to stop, they threatened to chop her if she got close. Before the suspects fled in a car, they rammed into the victim's legs.

It wasn't until Monday attendants at the Yigo Shell gas station provided information on the suspect vehicle. According to the gas attendants, the vehicle died out. They also observed suspected blood inside and outside and that the vehicle had damages to the front grill which fell off. They also said the occupant of the vehicle had a cut on his forearm.

When interviewed by police, Johnny admitted to drinking an extreme amount of alcohol starting from the morning hours. Although he was not with the victim, he saw the victim drinking too. Johnny then stated he saw the victim attacking his uncles with a machete so he took out his slingshot and fired one cut rebar to stop the victim from attacking. The victim retaliated by attacking Johnny with a machete. Johnny was able to get gold of the machete from the victim and they began to attack him.

Nathan corroborated Johnny's account of the night as he was one of the men originally attacked by the victim but denies getting a hold of the machete.

Bernardino Kanistus, the third man in Saturday's attack has yet to be charged. Court documents state his girlfriend says has been missing since Saturday night.

Both Johnny and Nathan were charged with attempted murder with a special allegation for possession and use of a deadly weapon in a commission of a felony and aggravated assault as a special allegation for possession and use of a deadly weapon.

The victim remains in critical condition where medical personnel have estimated his chance of survival at 20%.