Weekly Polluted Beach Report
Guam - GGuam EPA's Environmental Monitoring and Analytical Services (EMAS) Division conducts weekly sampling and monitoring of Guam's recreational beaches. This full report can also be found at epa.guam.gov and is attached to this email.
Beach Advisory for Friday, April 12, 2013
Number of beach closures: 1 (West Hagatna Bay)
Number of beach advisories: 13 (44 Samples taken Thursday, April 11 2013)
- TAMUNING: East Hagåtña Bay - Trinchera Beach
- HAGATNA: West Hagatna Bay - West Storm Drain
- ASAN: Adelup Beach Park, Adelup Point Beach (West)
- PITI: Santos Memorial Park
- AGAT: Togcha Beach - near Namo River, Togcha Beach - near Southern Christian Academy, Bangi Beach
- UMATAC: Toguan Bay
- MERIZO: Merizo Pier at Mamaon Channel
- INARAJAN: Inarajan Bay
- TALOFOFO: Talofofo Bay, First Beach
Swimming, fishing or playing in unsafe waters may result in minor illnesses such as sore throats or diarrhea. It may also result in more serious illnesses such as meningitis, encephalitis, or severe gastroenteritis. Children, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems have a greater chance of getting sick when they come in contact with contaminated water.
Contact our office if you have questions concerning the Beach Watch Program or about the Recreational Waters Pollution Report to the Guam EPA Monitoring Section at 300.4789/72.
Thank you for your continued interest in Guam's waters.