Guam - It was a busy night for Guam Police officers on Sunday night who responded to a stabbing along the Back Road to Andersen in Yigo. Police for nearly an hour searched for the suspect, and today that man was in court answering to the murder charges.

It's unclear what led to an argument that escalated into a homicide on Sunday evening. Dededo Precinct officers were called to the intersection of Route 15 and Chalan Okso Kapitat in Yigo. GPD Spokesperson Officer A.J. Balajadia says that's where authorities found a man lying on the ground suffering from stab wounds. "They were told that medics had already transported one victim and were conducting CPR on the way to the hospital and then we were later informed that that person was pronounced dead upon arrival to GMH."  

According to court documents, the victim, who is identified as 23-year-old Fonuk Anderson, got into an argument with 24-year-old Twency Luku. Anderson allegedly got a tire iron wrench from his vehicle and threw it at luku. That's when things got physical and Luku allegedly stabbed Andersen twice in his chest and back. Court documents did not indicate what the two were arguing about. "About 500 feet in the officers located a second victim who received two stab wounds to the back. One to the upper back and one to the lower back. That individual was transported to GMH and treated for those injuries," he said.

The second victim was apparently an innocent bystander. Court documents state following the stabbing, Luku ran westbound on Route 15 until he came upon two men who were drinking on the side of the road. Luku approached the pair asking where they were from. When the two responded, 'We're from Chuuk' Luku allegedly attacked the men stabbing one, while the other managed to run away. The second stabbing victim is in stable condition at GMH. For about an hour the search was on for Luku.

"Criminal Investigation Division detectives scoured the area and conducted interviews and were able to apprehend a suspect last night," said Balajadia.

About an hour after the incident was reported, police located Luku at a relative's home and police say it appeared he had just showered. Luku showed police the bloody clothes he had changed out of as well as the knife he used to stab the two men. Luku was placed behind bars for murder as a 1st degree felony, aggravated assault as a 2nd degree felony, and attempted murder as a 1st degree felony and a special allegation of possession and use of a deadly weapon in the commission of a felony.

Luku was in court today to answer to the charges but because there wasn't an available Chuukese interpreter, the hearing was continued until tomorrow afternoon. He remains in jail on $150,000 cash bail.