Museum construction resumes - KUAM.com-KUAM News: On Air. Online. On Demand.

Museum construction resumes

Posted: Updated:

by Mindy Aguon

Guam - Late last month half of a 50-pound Japanese World War II land bomb was discovered, stopping construction at the site for the new Guam Museum in Hagatna.

Although the other half of the bomb was not found, Department of Chamorro Affairs president Joseph Cameron says work will continue without delays.

"The governor has asked that we move with due diligence so that we can reach and meet our deadline of the grand opening in December 2014," he said.

The Navy's Explosive Ordnance Team determined the bomb was harmless because there was no explosive in it. Cameron suspects the other half could be located across the street at the Paseo De Susana.

  • NEWS HEADLINESMore>>

  • Alleged armed robber begs judge for less time

    Alleged armed robber begs judge for less time

    "Nobody's dead. Nobody died." Those were words from defendant Jeremy Allen Evaristo in court today as he reasoned why the government should give him less than the 15 year jail term outlined in his proposed plea agreement. Evaristo is charged in a string oMore >>
    "Nobody's dead. Nobody died." Those were words from defendant Jeremy Allen Evaristo in court today as he reasoned why the government should give him less than the 15 year jail term outlined in his proposed plea agreement. Evaristo is charged in a string oMore >>
  • No settlement reached in clergy sex abuse lawsuits

    No settlement reached in clergy sex abuse lawsuits

    Mediation talks end today for the 180-plus clergy sexual abuse lawsuits hoping to settle out of court. Though he couldn't provide the details, plaintiffs' attorney David Lujan told KUAM on Friday afternoon "We didn't reach settlement, but we're still talkMore >>
    Mediation talks end today for the 180-plus clergy sexual abuse lawsuits hoping to settle out of court. Though he couldn't provide the details, plaintiffs' attorney David Lujan told KUAM on Friday afternoon "We didn't reach settlement, but we're still talkMore >>
  • Adult marijuana use legalized for CNMI

    Adult marijuana use legalized for CNMI

    Adult marijuana use is now legal in the CNMI. Governor Ralph Torres signed a law Friday that allows those who are 21 years or older to possess up to one ounce of marijuana, 16 ounces of marijuana infused products, and 5 grams of marijuana extracts. The laMore >>
    Adult marijuana use is now legal in the CNMI. Governor Ralph Torres signed a law Friday that allows those who are 21 years or older to possess up to one ounce of marijuana, 16 ounces of marijuana infused products, and 5 grams of marijuana extracts. The laMore >>
Powered by Frankly