Make your nominations for the 2019 UOG Distinguished Alumni Awards
The University of Guam Alumni Association in cooperation with the University of Guam Office of Development and Alumni Affairs is announcing the opening of nominations for the 2019 UOG Distinguished Alumni Awards. Nominations will be accepted from Aug. 16 to Oct. 18, no later than 4 p.m.
A total of six awards will be given to deserving individuals. Five awards will be given to one individual from
each of the University’s schools and colleges including the College of Liberal Arts & Social, College of Natural & Applied Sciences, School of Business & Public Administration, School of Education and School of Nursing and Health Sciences. One award will be given to an alumnus/alumna who is currently serving or is retired from military service.
All recipients will be recognized at the All-Class UOG Alumni Reunion scheduled for Nov. 23 at the Lotte Hotel from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Any individual who has graduated earlier than 2008 is eligible to be nominated. The nominee must consent to be included in the selection process.
Nominations may be submitted by any individual, independently or on behalf of a group or institution. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
• Submit an official Nomination Form highlighting the nominee's achievements, and explaining how the nominee meets the criteria for the award.
• Submit a CV/resume and two letters of support from individuals familiar with the nominee’s work addressing the eligibility criteria (see below).
• Supporting documents: depending on the nominee's field of endeavor, such documents could include notices and reviews of the nominee's work, sample publications, samples of media coverage, personal citations and testimonials,
Nominees will be contacted as soon as the nomination form is received. If a nominee cannot be contacted and their consent is not given by Oct. 18. no later than 4 p.m., the individual will not be considered for the award.
Upon acceptance of the nomination, nominees may submit specific evidence of their accomplishments in the following areas, limited to five pages.
• Professional accomplishment in the field: has the nominee attained a high level of distinction and achievement through scholarship, research, teaching, creative contributions to the arts (comprising Humanities, Performing and Fine Arts, Social Sciences and Business) or sciences (comprising Science, Engineering and Health Sciences) and/or service to society?
• Candidate exhibits a high degree of character and integrity.
• Civic and University involvement, awareness and concern.
• Nominee's achievements have local, national and/or international
For Military Nominees:
• Professional accomplishment in their field: has the nominee held critical positions of responsibility and authority (i.e. command and key staff positions)?
• Nominee attained above normal promotion achievements.
• Level of rank achieved or level of elected official capacity.
• Awards that have been earned exhibiting exemplary performance.
• Significant community service or civic involvements that have been achieved.
All nomination forms, CV/Resume and two letters of support (due Oct. 18, no later than 4 p.m.) may be transmitted through any of the three methods below.
Submissions received after the abovementioned deadlines will not be considered.
Mail to/Hand Delivery:
University of Guam President’s Office – ATTN: Norman Analista
UOG Station 2nd Floor, Jesus & Eugenia Leon Guerrero Building
Mangilao, Guam 96923
For more information, please contact Norman Analista, Director, Development &
Alumni Affairs at 735-2586 or email firstname.lastname@example.org