Trump tells Calvo he's behind Guam "1,000%" - KUAM.com-KUAM News: On Air. Online. On Demand.

Trump tells Calvo he's behind Guam "1,000%"

Posted: Updated:

President Donald Trump isn’t just using his phone to turn up the tweets about North Korea, he’s also using it to call Governor Eddie Calvo to assure the people of Guam we have nothing to worry about. “We are with you a thousand percent,” the President said.  The Governor responded that he has never felt so safe and is confident with him at the helm.

The President said he wanted to give his “highest respect and regards” to the people of Guam and that the military is rock solid “we’ve got the best in the world,” he added. 

The phone call follows the President’s latest tweet in which he wrote the military is “locked and loaded” if North Korea acts “unwisely”.

Earlier this week, North Korea threatened to launch four missiles toward Guam. The communist country’s attack plan is expected to be finalized in the coming weeks.

Meanwhile here on Guam, the threat level remains unchanged. Governor Eddie Calvo during a press briefing on Friday told everyone to remain calm and enjoy the weekend.  Guam Homeland Security additionally released a fact sheet on how to prepare for an imminent missile threat. It included information on how to build an emergency supply kit, make an emergency family plan, make a list of potential concrete shelters near your home, and to not look at the flash or fireball because it can blind you.

Powered by Frankly