More testimony about escape from Blue House - KUAM.com-KUAM News: On Air. Online. On Demand.

More testimony about escape from Blue House

Posted: Updated:

by Mindy Aguon

Guam - The Blue House Lounge trial resumed today as the defense continued cross-examination of Arita Tippengeni, who was forced to work at the Upper Tumon club when she was only 16 years old. Tippengeni testified today that she hated the job and could not recall how many customers she had a night. 

The woman said she had been beaten by owner Song Ja Cha when she refused sex with customers and how she eventually ran away from the brothel. "I told Kina and them to come with me because I don't want them to stay back and do whatever they gonna do and she isn't gonna pay them that's why I asked them to come with me [sic]," she said.

Tippengeni testified that she never fought cha because she was scared of being arrested and losing her job. The defense also questioned her about the money she received after testifying in the federal case against cha.  Tippengeni said she was paid $77,000.

The government meanwhile started the examination of co-defendant Freda Eseun and the trial resumes on Tuesday afternoon.

  • NEWS HEADLINESMore>>

  • American Red Cross Red Ball celebrates "Arc Angels"

    American Red Cross Red Ball celebrates "Arc Angels"

    The crowd showing up for the annual Red Ball event held at the Dusit Thani Resort in Tumon on Saturday.This year's theme was Arc Angels, celebrating the angels in our community. Attendees coming together to celebrate and support all that the American RedMore >>
    The crowd showing up for the annual Red Ball event held at the Dusit Thani Resort in Tumon on Saturday.This year's theme was Arc Angels, celebrating the angels in our community. Attendees coming together to celebrate and support all that the American Red More >>
  • Calvo officially requests for disaster declaration

    Calvo officially requests for disaster declaration

    Gov. Eddie Calvo has sent his official request to President Donald Trump for a major disaster declaration. He is asking that the entire territory be made eligible for public assistance, individual assistance and the Hazard mitigation grant program. CalvoMore >>
    Gov. Eddie Calvo has sent his official request to President Donald Trump for a major disaster declaration. He is asking that the entire territory be made eligible for public assistance, individual assistance and the Hazard mitigation grant program. Calvo More >>
  • Trial pushed back again for prison murder

    Trial pushed back again for prison murder

    Trial is pushed back yet again for the defendants charged in connection to last year's murder at the Department of Corrections. As reported, Edrite "Manson" Isar was found dead in his jail cell at the Hagatna lockup. Though it was initially believed he diMore >>
    Trial is pushed back yet again for the defendants charged in connection to last year's murder at the Department of Corrections. As reported, Edrite "Manson" Isar was found dead in his jail cell at the Hagatna lockup. Though it was initially believed he diMore >>
Powered by Frankly