by Sabrina Salas Matanane
Guam - The Department of Public Health is asking for your help in being a foster parent. They are looking for qualified individuals who are interested in providing a loving environment for five children with varying levels of special needs. All children are of Pohnpeian ethnicity.
Here's the description provided by Public Health of the children:
- J (1) is an 8-year-old girl in the 3rd grade in the public school system. She has developmental delays and learning disabilities and is currently being assessed for Special Education (SPED)services.
- B (1) is a 6-year-old male in the 1st grade. He receives SPED services for learning and physical disabilities
- J (2) is a 3 1/2-year-old toddler. He will be entering Head Start this coming year
- J (3) is a two-year-old girl. She is fond of music and loves being sung to. She has developmental delays and receives early intervention services
- J (4) is the youngest boy at age 1 1/2 years-old. John has a pleasant disposition. He has developmental delays, receives early intervention services is referred for orthopedic services.
If you are interested or know of anyone interested who is a United States citizen or a resident alien 18 years of age or older, call Public Health at 475-2672 or 2653. These children need warmth and guidance of family.