Residents can inquire about iffy tax returns - News: On Air. Online. On Demand.

Residents can inquire about iffy tax returns

by Heather Hauswirth

Guam - The Department of Revenue & Taxation is asking residents to make sure to visit their Income Tax Processing Branch if they received a notice that their 2008 return is lacking information or needs further clarification.  All processed tax returns for 2008, which are eligible to receive the recovery rebate credit, may receive that credit amount before the end of the year.

The goal of DRT is to issue a portion of a taxpayers' overpayment, known as the Recovery Rebate Credit, by December 31, 2009.

Supervisor for the Income Tax Branch Lawrence Terlaje told KUAM News, "Just like we did last year we are trying to process so we can have the taxpayer receive their tax rebate.  And just like last year you received them separately, the rebate came separately from your refund. This year we are trying to do the same thing, but we need to have those returns that are not processed yet become processed."

Powered by Frankly