How to Make Kratom Tea – A Complete Guide to Kratom Tea
Originally posted on https://topextracts.com/how-to-make-kratom-tea/
There are several ways to take kratom; one of the most popular is to make it into a tea. If you’ve been looking for information on making kratom tea, this guide is designed just for you, whether you’re new to kratom, or you’re looking for a new way to experience it.
WHAT IS KRATOM TEA?
Making kratom powder tea is super easy: You simply steep kratom powder in hot water. Most people say it tastes like a really strong green tea; some people like that taste, while others choose to enhance the flavor with honey or lemon, or to steep another tea bag along with the kratom powder.
Unlike regular tea or coffee, which can only be steeped once, kratom powder from your first batch of tea can be reused to brew another batch. This is another reason people like making kratom tea:They feel they get more value from the powder.
WHERE CAN I BUY KRATOM TEA?
You’re not going to walk into a Starbucks or local tea house and find kratom tea for sale. Most people buy kratom powder online and make their tea at home. We have a few recipes that you can choose from—try them out to see what works best for you.
Different strains of kratom have different effects. Our Classic Red Bali Kratom Powder can have a noticeably mellow effect; Yellow Indo, on the other hand, can have a really uplifting effect. Most people feel the effects from their tea within a half hour of drinking it.
Different strains also taste different when made into tea. You may want to try a couple of different varietals to find the one that’s perfect for you. Let’s dive into a few ways you can make your own kratom tea.
HOW TO MAKE KRATOM TEA
The ingredients for making kratom tea are simple; how much of each ingredient and how you use it can vary according to your taste. Start with the following:
- Kratom powder. You can vary the amount of kratom powder you use depending on your preferred dosage.
- Water. Most people heat between 2 and 4 cups of water to make their tea. Less water makes a tea with a stronger taste; more water dilutes the taste. As long as you drink all of your tea, the kratom has the same effect.
- Lemon Juice. Soak the tea in lemon prior to brewing in order to pull out the alkaloids.
- Add-ons. Use honey, sweetener, or lemon,or steep another kind of tea bag along with your kratom powder. Now that you know how to make kratom tea, play around with it until you come up with your own personal potion.
BONUS TIP: One of the of the best things about using kratom in tea is that the powder can be used for tea more than once, so make sure you don’t pour out the powder or toss it after one use. If you make your tea correctly, you can get at least two servings of tea from one portion of powder.
KRATOM TEA RECIPE 1: STOVE TOP
Making kratom powder tea on the stove top is quick and simple.
- Soak your kratom powder in lemon and a little water for at least 15 minutes prior to brewing.
- Heat your water to a gentle simmer. If the water is too hot, it can destroy the alkaloids in the powder, lessening the effect.
- Add kratom powder mixed with lemon juice to the water. Simmer for 15 minutes or so; when the tea starts to turn a vibrant yellow color, it’s ready to drink.
- Pour the tea through a strainer or through cheesecloth to preserve the powder; you can make tea from the preserved powder another second time.
- Stir the tea to break up any powder clumps and to help the powder dissolve. Add honey or another sweetener, and/or lemon if you like, and enjoy!
KRATOM TEA RECIPE 2: TEA KETTLE
Bring water to a gentle simmer in a teakettle; place your kratom powder into an empty teacup or mug. When the kettle whistles, wait a few seconds and then pour the water over the powder, stirring it gently to break up any clumps. Make sure to preserve the remaining powder for another use.
KRATOM TEA RECIPE 3: COFFEEMAKER
Place your kratom powder into a coffee filter and add the desired amount of water to your coffeemaker. Turn the coffee maker on and voila! Kratom tea will be in the pot, and the powder is safe in the filter for you to use a second time.
If you prefer iced tea to hot tea, simply place the kratom tea in your refrigerator to cool it before pouring it over ice. Add things like honey, sugar, or other sweeteners while the tea is still hot instead of waiting until you’re about to drink it; sweeteners dissolve better when the liquid is warm, and your iced tea will taste better.
KRATOM TEA VS. CAPSULES
There are different ways to enjoy kratom; making it into a tea is just one option. Some people prefer to buy kratom capsules and take them instead. It all comes down to your preference.
Having a mug of tea can be really relaxing, enhancing the overall experience of taking kratom, and getting two doses from the powder by making tea is definitely a benefit. If you find, however, that you don’t like the taste of kratom tea—even with added lemon or sweetener—or if you’re just in a pinch and you don’t have time to make tea, kratom capsules can be a fast and convenient way to get your dosage. You may want to keep both on hand so that you always have options.
A quick word on making tea from kratom extract powder; remember that extract is a lot more concentrated than regular powder. Our kratom extract is about three times as strong as the same amount of regular kratom powder, so be careful and keep it at a 3 to 1 ratio as a rule of thumb.
Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. Frankly and this Site make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you are affiliated with this page and would like it removed please contact firstname.lastname@example.org