Mayor’s Council of Guam Update
The following Senior Centers will be open tomorrow:
• Agana Heights Senior Center
• Sinajana Senior Center
• Dededo Senior Center
• Astumbo Senior Center
All other Senior Centers will remain closed until power is restored.
The following Adult Day Care Center will operate normally tomorrow:
• Macheche Adult Day Care Center
Adult Day Care Centers in Wusstig Road, Dededo and Malojloj, Inarajan will remain closed until power is restored.
All employees of all Senior Centers and Adult Day Care Centers are to report to work tomorrow. All Case Management Services and In Home Program Services employees are to report to work and resume normal program operations tomorrow.
For further information you may call the village Mayor where your center is located or you may call the Mayors’ Council of Guam at 472-6940.
The following MWR facilities will be OPEN for normal operations Sept. 13:
• CDC at U.S. Naval Base Guam (NBG) - Main Base and NBG - U.S. Naval Hospital
• School Age Care
• Teen Center
• Charles King Fitness Center
The following MWR facility will be OPEN for normal operations Sept. 14:
• Big Screen Theater
Power has not yet been restored to certain facilities, therefore the following facilities will remain closed until further notice:
• Visitor Control Center
• Molly's restaurant
• Bowling alley
• Liberty Center
• Marina and Outdoor Recreation
• Cmdr. William C. McCool Elementary/Middle School will remain closed Sept. 13 due to no power and water damage.
• Guam High School will remain closed Sept. 13 due to inoperable air conditioner system. School staff are to contact administrators on when/where to report.
• Andersen Elementary/Middle School will be open Sept. 13.
Once power is restored and stable, we will announce when facilities will re-open.
Navy Exchange facilities and Commissary resumed operations Sept. 12.
The Guam National Guard Readiness Center, Barrigada gate is open and the AAFES Shoppette and Gas Express will be open tomorrow.
Salvation Army Donations
The Salvation Army Guam Corps are accepting donations to assist those impacted from Typhoon Mangkhut:
Good examples of donations to consider are:
– Canned vegetables, especially those without added salt.
– Fruits canned in juice, applesauce, 100-percent fruit juice and dried fruit such as raisins.
– Canned meats and fish, such as chicken, ham or beef, tuna, and salmon.
– Peanuts and peanut butter.
– Whole grain, low-sugar cereals such as plain instant oatmeal, and bran flakes.
– Whole grain or enriched pasta and rice. Boxed noodle and rice dishes can be an easy starting point for a one-dish meal.
– Whole grain crackers (especially reduced-sodium) and popcorn.
– Spaghetti sauce, salsa, and canned beans, including baked beans.
– Reduced-sodium broth and soups.
– Salad dressings or spreads, and condiments such as ketchup or mustard lower in fat and added sugars.
– Baby food and infant formula are very welcome donations. Just be sure to donate well within the date marked on the containers.
– Diapers and wipes are also much needed.
– Consider making a cash donation to our Emergency Disaster Services (EDS). 100% of your cash donation goes to purchasing food and hygiene supplies.
To help, call or text 988-3333 or email email@example.com.
For more information, contact the Joint Information Center at (671) 478-0208/09/10.
The Leon Guerrero/Tenorio team has announced their transition team. The Governor-elect and Lt. Governor-elect said in a statement Dr. Mary Okada will Act as Chairwoman of the transition team and Dr. Laura Torres Souder will Act as Vice Chair. The Lou and Josh team also announced they will not conduct public meetings, news briefings or media interviews until after the Guam Election Commission certifies General Election results, which is expected to happen on November 23. In t...More >>
The Leon Guerrero/Tenorio team has announced their transition team. The Governor-elect and Lt. Governor-elect said in a statement Dr. Mary Okada will Act as Chairwoman of the transition team and Dr. Laura Torres Souder will Act as Vice Chair. The Lou and Josh team also announced they will not conduct public meetings, news briefings or media interviews until after the GuamMore >>