RFP for Adult Day Care Services Program cancelled - KUAM.com-KUAM News: On Air. Online. On Demand.

RFP for Adult Day Care Services Program cancelled

Posted: Aug 06, 2018 5:10 PM Updated:

With no proposals meeting the deadline, Public Health is canceling the RFP for the Adult Day Care Services Program. The RFP was first published Tuesday, July 10th, but the deadline was last week Thursday.

If you recall, Adult Day Care was transferred to the Mayors Council of Guam, after Catholic Social Services ended their contract with GovGuam.

Dededo Mayor Melissa Savares says with or without a vendor "our island's manamko won't be left out in the cold".

The Council is willing to pick up the services, currently fixing a broken water pump at the Macheche Center.

Art San Agustin with Public Health's division of senior citizens, says it's possible Mayors take over the Day Care, though officilas are checking in with Department of Health and Human Services to determine the next step.

  • NEWS HEADLINESMore>>

  • Medicinal marijuana forms available on Tuesday

    Medicinal marijuana forms available on Tuesday

    The Permit forms for Home grown medicinal marijuana will be available starting Tuesday. The Public Health department says the forms are available on its website: www.dphss.guam.gov. Forms can also be picked up at Public Health's main office in Mangilao frMore >>
    The Permit forms for Home grown medicinal marijuana will be available starting Tuesday. The Public Health department says the forms are available on its website: www.dphss.guam.gov. Forms can also be picked up at Public Health's main office in Mangilao frMore >>
  • Families turn to social media after car thefts

    Families turn to social media after car thefts

    Two separate families reached out through social media posts over the weekend after each were victims of stolen vehicles. It was a double hit for one family, where two vehicles stolen from their home were found soon after near Marbo Cave. Both vehicles apMore >>
    Two separate families reached out through social media posts over the weekend after each were victims of stolen vehicles. It was a double hit for one family, where two vehicles stolen from their home were found soon after near Marbo Cave. Both vehicles apMore >>
  • Opening statements heard in major drug case

    Opening statements heard in major drug case

    The re-trial for a couple accused in a major drug investigation started today in the District Court of Guam. Raymond Martinez and Juanita Moser are accused of trying to smuggle eight pounds of the drug, ICE, from California to Guam in 2015. Both the proseMore >>
    The re-trial for a couple accused in a major drug investigation started today in the District Court of Guam. Raymond Martinez and Juanita Moser are accused of trying to smuggle eight pounds of the drug, ICE, from California to Guam in 2015. Both the proseMore >>
Powered by Frankly