Caller that threatened shooting found naked in makeshift home in - KUAM.com-KUAM News: On Air. Online. On Demand.

Caller that threatened shooting found naked in makeshift home in Dededo

Posted: Jun 15, 2018 4:56 PM Updated:

We now have more details on that shooting threat from earlier this week. Although John Anthony Campos Ogo was arrested late Wednesday - the same day he allegedly phoned 911 with a shooting threat - he made his first court appearance late this afternoon.

Apparently, court documents state, this wasn't his first time to call emergency responders.

It was caller ID that helped investigators crack this case. And when they located the suspect, he was found buck naked in a makeshift tin home in Dededo.

56-year-old John Anthony Campos Ogo is believed to be the man who put island residents in a scare all Wednesday. This after he allegedly phoned in a threat to 911 stating "the emergency is up his (expletive) and that we need to send someone here now because he is going to start shooting people." That's when he allegedly hung up...not giving specifics in his threat and putting authorities islandwide on guard.

Alerts were also sent to residents to stay vigilant.

In court today, prosecutor Basil O'Mallan recommended Ogo be kept in jail on $5,000 cash bail. "Due to the nature of the charges, he is considered a danger to the community and caused panic and concern islandwide. He caused a grave disruption," the prosecutor argued.

Court documents state the dispatcher tried to call the number back, but no luck. The number was registered with GTA and traced to Ogo. When interviewed by police, he said he's called 911 in the past about his neighbors dogs chasing him, but no one ever responded to his calls for help.

When asked about Wednesday's shooting threat, he admitted, it was him - that he was angry and said he was going to shoot people, but didn't really mean it.

Ogo has been charged with terrorizing and false alarms, both accompanied by a special allegation for crimes against the community. Bail was set at $5,000 cash.

  • NEWS HEADLINESMore>>

  • Police looking into cause of deadly Yigo crash

    Police looking into cause of deadly Yigo crash

    Highway patrol investigators back on scene today of Sunday's deadly crash that claimed the life of one man. The tragedy happened after an auto-bus crash along the back road to Andersen. It happened around 4:50 pm Sunday on route 15 in Yigo. Police say theMore >>
    Highway patrol investigators back on scene today of Sunday's deadly crash that claimed the life of one man. The tragedy happened after an auto-bus crash along the back road to Andersen. It happened around 4:50 pm Sunday on route 15 in Yigo. Police say theMore >>
  • CNMI governor thanks Guam for post-typhoon help

    CNMI governor thanks Guam for post-typhoon help

    Fresh off his victory from the elections up north CNMI Governor Ralph was on island this weekend. He joined the One Marianas relief team on Saturday for a special ceremony at their Hagatna office. KUAM recently went on trip with the group to Tinian by boaMore >>
    Fresh off his victory from the elections up north CNMI Governor Ralph was on island this weekend. He joined the One Marianas relief team on Saturday for a special ceremony at their Hagatna office. KUAM recently went on trip with the group to Tinian by boaMore >>
  • Drug charges brought against Anthony Garcia

    Drug charges brought against Anthony Garcia

    A man is facing drug charges after the Mandana Drug Task Force executed a search warrant at a home in the tri-village of Mongmong-Toto-Maite. Anthony Eugene Garcia is charged with possession of a schedule II controlled substance. Court documents state thaMore >>
    A man is facing drug charges after the Mandana Drug Task Force executed a search warrant at a home in the tri-village of Mongmong-Toto-Maite. Anthony Eugene Garcia is charged with possession of a schedule II controlled substance. Court documents state thaMore >>
Powered by Frankly