Trump tells Calvo he's behind Guam "1,000%" - KUAM.com-KUAM News: On Air. Online. On Demand.

Trump tells Calvo he's behind Guam "1,000%"

Posted: Updated:

President Donald Trump isn’t just using his phone to turn up the tweets about North Korea, he’s also using it to call Governor Eddie Calvo to assure the people of Guam we have nothing to worry about. “We are with you a thousand percent,” the President said.  The Governor responded that he has never felt so safe and is confident with him at the helm.

The President said he wanted to give his “highest respect and regards” to the people of Guam and that the military is rock solid “we’ve got the best in the world,” he added. 

The phone call follows the President’s latest tweet in which he wrote the military is “locked and loaded” if North Korea acts “unwisely”.

Earlier this week, North Korea threatened to launch four missiles toward Guam. The communist country’s attack plan is expected to be finalized in the coming weeks.

Meanwhile here on Guam, the threat level remains unchanged. Governor Eddie Calvo during a press briefing on Friday told everyone to remain calm and enjoy the weekend.  Guam Homeland Security additionally released a fact sheet on how to prepare for an imminent missile threat. It included information on how to build an emergency supply kit, make an emergency family plan, make a list of potential concrete shelters near your home, and to not look at the flash or fireball because it can blind you.

  • NEWS HEADLINESMore>>

  • Settlement for terminated corrections officer approved

    Settlement for terminated corrections officer approved

    It's official: the Civil Service Commission signed-off on the settlement agreement for fired DepCor corrections officer Benjamin Urquizu. He was the only officer fired after the internal affairs investigation was done into the beating of detainee Justin Meno.

    More >>

    It's official: the Civil Service Commission signed-off on the settlement agreement for fired DepCor corrections officer Benjamin Urquizu. He was the only officer fired after the internal affairs investigation was done into the beating of detainee Justin Meno.

    More >>
  • Dozens testify against firing range at Litekyan

    Dozens testify against firing range at Litekyan

    Passionate words came out of the Guam Congress Building today, as dozens of people filled the public hearing room giving testimony on Bill 228. The measure would stop the construction of a proposed firing range at Litekyan.

    More >>

    Passionate words came out of the Guam Congress Building today, as dozens of people filled the public hearing room giving testimony on Bill 228. The measure would stop the construction of a proposed firing range at Litekyan.

    More >>
  • Judge wants GHURA board case settled

    Judge wants GHURA board case settled

    Superior Court Judge Anita Sukola wants to settle the case involving seven individuals charged with obstructing the Open Government Law by the end of the year. Guam Housing and Urban Renewal Authority board members Cecile Suda, David Sablan, Deanne Torre,  John  Ilao, Roland Selvidge, Rosie Ann Blas, as well as current GHURA executive director Michael Duenas are accused of holding secret board meetings. Though parties were scheduled to set a trial date today, there were iss...More >>
    Superior Court Judge Anita Sukola wants to settle the case involving seven individuals charged with obstructing the Open Government Law by the end of the year. Guam Housing and Urban Renewal Authority board members Cecile Suda, David Sablan, Deanne Torre,  John  Ilao, Roland Selvidge, Rosie Ann Blas, as well as current GHURA executive director Michael Duenas are accused of holding secret board meetings. Though parties were scheduled to set a trial date today, there were iss...More >>
Powered by Frankly