Man accused of raping hearing-impaired woman - KUAM.com-KUAM News: On Air. Online. On Demand.

Man accused of raping hearing-impaired woman

Posted: Updated:
 by Krystal Paco

Guam - 29–year–old Edison Santos, Jr. is accused of raping a 27–year–old hearing impaired woman. According to court documents, through a certified sign language interpreter, the victim alleged Santos raped her a total of three times. In the most recent incident which occurred Monday morning he allegedly walked into her room, wrapped his arms around her, took off her clothes, forced her to the ground and raped her. It wasn't until the victim went to work that she communicated with her co–worker on a piece of paper that she had been raped. The victim said she was scared to say anything about the previous rapes because she feared the defendant. When interviewed by police, Santos however said that the two were in a consensual sexual relationship.  Of the incident that occurred on Monday, he said he had missed a call from the victim. He then went into her room and through gestures asked about the missed call. Santos told police the victim responded in gestures that she wanted to have sex with him.
  • NEWS HEADLINESMore>>

  • Medicinal marijuana forms available on Tuesday

    Medicinal marijuana forms available on Tuesday

    The Permit forms for Home grown medicinal marijuana will be available starting Tuesday. The Public Health department says the forms are available on its website: www.dphss.guam.gov. Forms can also be picked up at Public Health's main office in Mangilao frMore >>
    The Permit forms for Home grown medicinal marijuana will be available starting Tuesday. The Public Health department says the forms are available on its website: www.dphss.guam.gov. Forms can also be picked up at Public Health's main office in Mangilao frMore >>
  • Families turn to social media after car thefts

    Families turn to social media after car thefts

    Two separate families reached out through social media posts over the weekend after each were victims of stolen vehicles. It was a double hit for one family, where two vehicles stolen from their home were found soon after near Marbo Cave. Both vehicles apMore >>
    Two separate families reached out through social media posts over the weekend after each were victims of stolen vehicles. It was a double hit for one family, where two vehicles stolen from their home were found soon after near Marbo Cave. Both vehicles apMore >>
  • Opening statements heard in major drug case

    Opening statements heard in major drug case

    The re-trial for a couple accused in a major drug investigation started today in the District Court of Guam. Raymond Martinez and Juanita Moser are accused of trying to smuggle eight pounds of the drug, ICE, from California to Guam in 2015. Both the proseMore >>
    The re-trial for a couple accused in a major drug investigation started today in the District Court of Guam. Raymond Martinez and Juanita Moser are accused of trying to smuggle eight pounds of the drug, ICE, from California to Guam in 2015. Both the proseMore >>
Powered by Frankly