Guam - Guam Power Authority Spokesperson Art Perez says a subcontractor from ICC suffered electrical shock injuries from an incident that occurred this morning at their Talofofo Substation. As we reported the Guam Fire Department received a report of an electrocution at 9:30 this morning. However the patient was conscious and alert when he was transported to the Guam Memorial Hospital. GFD Spokesperson Lt. Ed Artero said the victim suffered burn wounds. Perez says the subcontractor was working on an underground line that is going to connect to a solar farm in Dandan. The GPA spokesperson added their safety people are conducting an investigation into the factors that led to the incident.
The Legislative Ethics Committee has dismissed the complaint against Senator Fernando Esteves, and says it considers the matter closed. Resident Barry Mead filed the complaint against Esteves for his role in a protest earlier this year against the live fire training range at Andersen Air Force Base's Northwest Field.More >>
Guam's jungles are often said to be silent, as brown tree snakes kill off our native birds. Visiting and local students attended GCC's first annual Marianas Terrestrial Conservation Conference to speak up about their eco-preservation projects.More >>