Treasurer: Eugene H. Santos
- Active member in various civic, social, and faith-based organizations, member of the Guam Harmony Lion’s Club, Lion’s Club International
- Director, Department of Youth Affairs
- Director, Department of Land Management
- Senator 31st and 32nd Guam Legislature
Assistant Minority Leader
Accomplishments- Quality over Quantity
Education/ Workforce Development
- Public Law 31-180 “Building Guam’s Trades Scholarship Program”
- Public Law 31-129 “Every Child is Entitled to Higher Education Scholarship Program”
- Public Law 31-128 “Growing Guam’s Work Force Scholarship Program”
- Public Law 32-60 “Establishes GMHA Healthcare Trust & Development Fund and Urgent Health Care Center”
Economy/ Transportation Efficiency
- Public Law 32-02 “Promotes Fuel Efficient Vehicles In GovGuam Motor Pool.
- Proponent of green energy/ cost cutting measures, authored Bill 203-32 “An act to offer incentives for the purchase of plug-in vehicles” as a means to encourage alternative energy-fuel transportation and cost savings.
- Public Law 32-60 provides over $1.5 million to village mayors, the schools and Parks & Recreation for the modernization and maintenance of public recreation facilities.
- Proponent of leasehold construction/public-private partnerships in the development of housing/facility buildings to rehabilitate at-risk youth.
- Public Law 31-43 “Establishes Guam Invasive Species Council, Creates Fund and Bio Security Division.”
- Sponsor of various election ,land zoning, real property and legislative reform bills/ Proponent of the funding of school buses & senatorial salary reductions
- Proponent of Government Reorganization, authored Bill 30-31 which placed the Chamorro Land Trust Commission & Ancestral Lands Commission under the administrative supervision and control of the Department of Land Management.
(merger effectuated under the Calvo/Tenorio Administration) - Sponsor of various public official and employee personnel rules & regulation bills that amends the Disaster Service Volunteer Leave & Safe Harbor Acts.
- Vocal critic of the Compact of Free Association un reimbursed funds to Guam and the timely distribution of tax refunds.
"A Focused Platform & Clear Vision - Helping Our Working Families by Addressing the Rising Cost of Living - By keeping more money in the hands of our working class families we circulate more money in the Guam economy. This grows local businesses and creates a healthy economy. That is why Senator Duenas fought for your tax refunds and Hay Pay Increases. It is also why Senator Duenas authored legislation that will make purchasing electric vehicles more affordable for Guam’s working families.
- in Our Youth & Education is an Investment in Our Future- By funding sports facilities and providing opportunities for a higher education, we protect our youth and provide them with the tools to build a brighter future for our island. That is why Senator Chris Duenas has created a fund of approximately $2 million that will fund the maintenance and new sports facilities; and this is why Senator Duenas authored public law that will make higher education accessible for our youth and young adults.
- Responsibility & Government Efficiency- Senator Duenas authored public law that requires that government sedans to meet a 25 mpg minimum standard. Less money spent on fuel means more money for public safety, education, and healthcare.
- Our Environment- Over two years ago, Senator Duenas had the foresight to see the problems that invasive species, like the Rhino Beatle, would have on our island, our economy, and our farmers. That is why he authored Public Law 31-43 that provides over $1.8 million to eradicate and stop the spread of invasive species.
"Common Man - Common Sense - Common Good"
Phone Number: 989-9944