Bomb threat linked to Yigo bank robbery - KUAM.com-KUAM News: On Air. Online. On Demand.

Bomb threat linked to Yigo bank robbery

Posted: Updated:
by Krystal Paco

Guam - An investigation has been launched following a bomb threat in Sagan Linayan, Dededo on Saturday night. The bomb threat has been linked to two of the defendants in the Bank of Guam robbery.

Over 100 Dededo families were forced to pick up and leave their homes early Saturday evening. "This is the first time I ever heard we have a bomb threat on this area," said Dededo vice mayor Peter Benavente. He told KUAM News that the suspicious package that prompted the evacuation was found in the pavilion area.

"I was called in because of a bomb threat on Sagan Linayan and Homeland Security called me in to come over and see what we have to do here to evacuate our people. So what happened is we evacuated Sagan Linayan and Dollar House," he explained. "And we estimate close to eight to 100 people that was evacuated down to Astumbo Elementary School. So they can be on the safe side."

According to Guam Homeland Security/Office of Civil Defense spokesperson Alyssa Benito, the bomb threat was called in around 7:30 p.m. from a man who threatened that if Ricky Mcintosh Jr. and Jathan Tedtaotao weren't released from jail, the bomb would go off at the Dollar Housing.

As we've been reporting, Tedtaotao and Mcintosh were arrested in march for allegedly robbing the Bank of Guam in February. Although Mcintosh was acquitted of all robbery related charges last week both men are still behind bars.

While Mcintosh is detained at the Agana Lockup and Tedtaotao at DepCor in Mangilao, emergency response officials reported to the Dededo scene along with the military's bomb squad where the suspicious package was initially found. The all-clear was given at 3am Sunday morning.

GPD spokesperson Officer AJ Balajadia said, "Whatever evidence was confiscated from the scene has been taken by the FBI and sent for analysis and we continue to work with the FBI as a joint investigation between the Guam Police Department's Criminal Investigation and the FBI on this particular case."
  • NEWS HEADLINESMore>>

  • IA underway after detainee released from prison,

    IA underway after detainee released from prison,

    An internal affairs investigation is underway at the prison after an inmate was accidentally released from their custody. Department of Corrections director Tony Lamorena says it happened over the weekend. He admits there was a miscommunication. Officials say the prison had received an order for inmate Ben Espinosa's release, but then got a commitment order for a separate charge. The special operations team was able to track him down without incident. Lamorena says they are looking ...

    More >>

    An internal affairs investigation is underway at the prison after an inmate was accidentally released from their custody. Department of Corrections director Tony Lamorena says it happened over the weekend. He admits there was a miscommunication. Officials say the prison had received an order for inmate Ben Espinosa's release, but then got a commitment order for a separate charge. The special operations team was able to track him down without incident. Lamorena says they are looking ...

    More >>
  • Kino Keeler charged with rape

    Kino Keeler charged with rape

    He was apparently drunk when he molested two women. 26-year-old Kino Keeler allegedly digitally penetrated a woman and raped her in a Tumon condo last year. According to court documents, she woke up to Keeler on top of her. 

    More >>

    He was apparently drunk when he molested two women. 26-year-old Kino Keeler allegedly digitally penetrated a woman and raped her in a Tumon condo last year. According to court documents, she woke up to Keeler on top of her. 

    More >>
  • Bordallo will seek ninth straight term as Guam delegate

    Bordallo will seek ninth straight term as Guam delegate

    It's official for our current delegate. Madeleine Bordallo has officially announced she is running again for Congressional Delegate. Joined by family and her campaign leaders, the Bordallo announced her candidacy at the Plaza De Espana. "I am humbled to announce my candidacy for the re-election to a ninth consecutive term as your delegate to Washington," she announced. "Guam needs a leader in Washington who can bring diverse coalitions together to pass important and me...More >>
    It's official for our current delegate. Madeleine Bordallo has officially announced she is running again for Congressional Delegate. Joined by family and her campaign leaders, the Bordallo announced her candidacy at the Plaza De Espana. "I am humbled to announce my candidacy for the re-election to a ninth consecutive term as your delegate to Washington," she announced. "Guam needs a leader in Washington who can bring diverse coalitions together to pass important and me...More >>
Powered by Frankly