Man charged for elaborate drug scheme - KUAM.com-KUAM News: On Air. Online. On Demand.

Man charged for elaborate drug scheme

by Krystal Paco

Guam - He was named in a federal indictment involving twelve people busted for running an elaborate drug ring but he wasn't charged until now. Just as soon as Anthony John Cruz Santos was officially charged with dealing drugs he struck a deal with the federal government. In late March 12 people were indicted for their alleged role in running drugs from Nevada to Guam where it was sold.

Named in the federal indictment were Francisco Arias, Eder Cortez-Zelaya, David and Brian Quinata, Joseph Mansapit, Johnny Quenga, Ken Nanguata, Corina and Lawrence Concepcion, Florentina Depamaylo, Joshua Moye and Richard Borja.

According to his plea agreement Anthony Santos confessed that he not only lived with two of those

Defendants namely Corina and Lawrence Concepcion, but also sold crystal meth for them.  Santos admitted that on at least four occasions he took Lawrence to the post office to pick up meth that had been sent from Nevada. He also admitted knowing that the packages contained drugs. Court documents even describe an incident that occurred in December 2012 in which a package was addressed from Henderson, Nevada to Santos. In that package was 81 grams of meth which tested 97 percent for purity.  That very same day, Santos went with Lawrence Concepcion to also pick up a package from the post office sent from Nevada.  Inside the box was 69 grams of meth.  As we reported the drugs were allegedly being supplied to Guam drug dealers such as the Concepcion's by Arias and Cortez-Zelaya. All the defendants have pleaded not guilty with the exception of Cortez-Zelaya who is scheduled to be arraigned via video conference Friday. As for Santos he will make his initial appearance on his plea agreement on April 16.

  • NEWS HEADLINESMore>>

  • GSWA says budget is conditional placeholder

    GSWA says budget is conditional placeholder

    Guam Solid Waste Authority managers appeared for their first-ever budget hearing before the legislature. GSWA general manager Greg Martin says typically the budget is prepared by the federal receiver and submitted directly to the District Court. But this

    More >>

    Guam Solid Waste Authority managers appeared for their first-ever budget hearing before the legislature. GSWA general manager Greg Martin says typically the budget is prepared by the federal receiver and submitted directly to the District Court. But this

    More >>
  • Joshua Mesa has September trial for receiving ice in the mail

    Joshua Mesa has September trial for receiving ice in the mail

    Busted with receiving drugs in the mail, Joshua John Untalan Mesa will face a federal jury later this year. This case involves a package containing 50-grams of the drug "ICE." If his name sounds familiar, Mesa was the alleged victim in a high-speed chase More >>
    Busted with receiving drugs in the mail, Joshua John Untalan Mesa will face a federal jury later this year. This case involves a package containing 50-grams of the drug "ICE." If his name sounds familiar, Mesa was the alleged victim in a high-speed chase More >>
  • Two lanes opened to cross Merizo bridges

    Two lanes opened to cross Merizo bridges

    If you've taken the roads down south you might have noticed a less bumpy ride. The roads to cross Bile and Pigua Bridge in Merizo are now open with two lanes. The $3.6 million project took 10 years to finish. Governor Eddie Calvo saying there were challenMore >>
    If you've taken the roads down south you might have noticed a less bumpy ride. The roads to cross Bile and Pigua Bridge in Merizo are now open with two lanes. The $3.6 million project took 10 years to finish. Governor Eddie Calvo saying there were challenMore >>
Powered by Frankly