Bank robbers, getaway driver held on $750,000 cash bail - KUAM.com-KUAM News: On Air. Online. On Demand.

Bank robbers, getaway driver held on $750,000 cash bail

Posted: Updated:

by Krystal Paco

Guam - A total of four people are now in custody for their alleged roles in the Bank of Guam robbery last month. Three appeared before a magistrate's judge this morning and are being held on $750,000 cash bail each.

18-year-old Jathan Tedtaotao, 35-year-old Ricky Mcintosh Jr, and 41-year-old Vincent Santos were arrested by Criminal Investigation Division agents on Wednesday night. All three are behind bars on $750,000 cash bail accused for their roles in last month's Yigo Bank of Guam robbery.

Mcintosh and Tedtaotao are accused of walking into the bank armed with handguns and stealing more than $11,000 from the teller drawers before fleeing on foot into the jungle area behind the bank near Perez Acres.

Santos is accused of driving the getaway vehicle while Antonio Quitugua, who was arrested last week, is accused of being the lookout before the robbery happened.

According to court documents, Tedtaotao told police that on the morning of February 6, the four met at Quitugua's house where they planned the robbery. One person would scout the bank, ensure it was free of police, while two others would wait in the nearby jungle. The scout would then return to Quitugua's house while the two hit men robbed the bank.

Tedtaotao tells police the black pistol used in the robbery was provided by Mcintosh. Tedtaotao also stated Quitugua informed him he could not be part of the hit because the others doubted his trustworthiness. To ensure he kept quiet, Quitugua provided Tedtaotao with methamphetamine.

Court documents state Tedtaotao identified the red masked man in the Bank of Guam surveillance footage as Mcintosh. Meanwhile, footage also shows Quitugua's truck in the bank parking lot minutes before the robbery. Upon his arrest, police were able to disprove Quitugua's alibi. After he admitted to police the truck caught in the footage was his, he said he could not remember driving the truck that day because he was high on methamphetamine.

Following the robbery, Tedtaotao says Santos acted as the getaway driver picking up Mcintosh and Tedtaotao at the construction site past the Perez Acres area.

Although Tedtaotao reported to police that he did not participate in the heist, a witness came forward saying Tedtaotao bragged about the robbery, pointing out that the clothes on one of the masked men in the bank footage was owned by Tedtaotao.

Tedtaotao confessed and even participated in a video reenactment of the crime.

Before Judge Alberto Tolentino this morning, prosecutor Rogelio Batarao requested that Tedtaotao, Mcintosh, and Santos be held on $750,000 cash bail, noting that each poses an immediate threat to the community due to their past run ins with the law.

Tedtaotao and Santos are being charged with 2nd degree robbery and 2nd degree conspiracy to commit robbery. Mcintosh is being charged with 2nd degree robbery and special allegations for a use of a deadly weapon in the commission of a felony and second degree conspiracy to commit robbery.

Much like Wednesday night upon his initial arrest, Mcintosh vouched his innocence before law enforcement officials telling the court his co-defendants are lying about his participation in the crime.

Tolentino said, "While the case is pending, you are to have no contact with the alleged victims, the patrons or employees of the Bank of Guam in Yigo, nor your alleged co-defendants Jathan Tedtaotao, Vicnent Santos and Mr. Quitugua remember that anything you say, even to those guys, can be used against you." Mcintosh said, "They're lying, Your Honor," with Tolentino replying, "Talk to your lawyer about that."

If convicted, the three men could face three to ten years behind bars plus up to an additional 25 years if convicted for special allegations.

Meanwhile, Quitugua was indicted for his role in the robbery and is currently being held on $500,000 cash bail. He pleaded not guilty to the charges.

  • NEWS HEADLINESMore>>

  • Fire evacuates 8 people from Mangilao home

    Fire evacuates 8 people from Mangilao home

    Eight people had to be evacuated after a structure fire in Mangilao. It happened around 5pm today on Roberto Street. Units are working to put out the fire to a wood and tin extension of a concrete home. The tenants were able to get out of the home without injury. Eight people had to be evacuated after a structure fire in Mangilao. It happened around 5pm today on Roberto Street. Units are working to put out the fire to a wood and tin extension of a concrete home. The tenants were ab...More >>
    Eight people had to be evacuated after a structure fire in Mangilao. It happened around 5pm today on Roberto Street. Units are working to put out the fire to a wood and tin extension of a concrete home. The tenants were able to get out of the home without injury. Eight people had to be evacuated after a structure fire in Mangilao. It happened around 5pm today on Roberto Street. Units are working to put out the fire to a wood and tin extension of a concrete home. The tenants were ab...More >>
  • Senators debate lifting business privilege tax

    Senators debate lifting business privilege tax

    Facing a substantial loss in tax revenue as a result of federal reforms, Senators held an oversight hearing to discuss lifting the more than 30-year exemption on business privilege tax on wholesalers, and other industries.

    More >>

    Facing a substantial loss in tax revenue as a result of federal reforms, Senators held an oversight hearing to discuss lifting the more than 30-year exemption on business privilege tax on wholesalers, and other industries.

    More >>
  • Man accused of touching 8-year-old

    Man accused of touching 8-year-old

    Not once, not twice, but on seven separate occasions he allegedly touched an 8-year-old girl. Now, 19-year-old Javin Ross Garrido faces multiple counts of first and second degree criminal sexual conduct charges, all as first degree felonies. The incidents typically took place when Garrido and the victim played video games, but were often interrupted by a family member entering the room. Court documents state he also state he showed the girl a pornographic video on his phone. When ...More >>
    Not once, not twice, but on seven separate occasions he allegedly touched an 8-year-old girl. Now, 19-year-old Javin Ross Garrido faces multiple counts of first and second degree criminal sexual conduct charges, all as first degree felonies. The incidents typically took place when Garrido and the victim played video games, but were often interrupted by a family member entering the room. Court documents state he also state he showed the girl a pornographic video on his phone. When ...More >>
Powered by Frankly