by Mindy Aguon
Guam - Three men charged in connection with the rape of a 24-year-old woman at Lencho Park in Dededo will go to trial in September. Francis Madeus, Jose Longa and Majorichy Rugante are accused of being involved in the assault and rape of a woman in an open area in Dededo. Longa has pleaded not guilty by reason of mental illness.
A pre-trial conference is scheduled for September 3 with jury selection and trial set for September 10. Police meanwhile are still searching for a 12-year-old boy and an unidentified man who were also involved in the sexual assault.
The Legislative Ethics Committee has dismissed the complaint against Senator Fernando Esteves, and says it considers the matter closed. Resident Barry Mead filed the complaint against Esteves for his role in a protest earlier this year against the live fire training range at Andersen Air Force Base's Northwest Field.More >>
Guam's jungles are often said to be silent, as brown tree snakes kill off our native birds. Visiting and local students attended GCC's first annual Marianas Terrestrial Conservation Conference to speak up about their eco-preservation projects.More >>