Guard: 100 Guam soldiers returning home this week - KUAM.com-KUAM News: On Air. Online. On Demand.

Guard: 100 Guam soldiers returning home this week

Posted: Updated:

by Krystal Paco

Guam - This week will be a joyous and momentous one, as the National Guard says an estimated 100 soldiers who have been deployed to Afghanistan for the last year will return to reunite with their loved ones.  As of Christmas Day, the 600+ soldiers had left Afghanistan and are participating in de-mobilization efforts at Camp Shelby, Mississippi before returning home to the island. 

Guard spokesperson Major Josephine Blas says the travel arrangements have been finalized and the soldiers will be returning home this week to start off the New Year with their families.

Close to 600 soldiers deployed to Afghanistan early this year in support of Operation Enduring Freedom - Afghanistan. 

There are still 31 airmen from the Guam Air National Guard's 254th Security Forces Squadron and four soldiers from the Guam Army National Guard's 1990th Contingency Contracting Team deployed during this holiday season in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.

  • NEWS HEADLINESMore>>

  • WSTCO files suit against GEDA, Ancestral Lands Commission

    WSTCO files suit against GEDA, Ancestral Lands Commission

    Local company WSTCO files a multi-million dollar lawsuit against the Ancestral Lands Commission and the Administrator of GEDA.  The suit stems from the breach of a lease agreement for 10 acres of ALC land in Radio, Barrigada where a slaughterhouse was to be built.

    More >>

    Local company WSTCO files a multi-million dollar lawsuit against the Ancestral Lands Commission and the Administrator of GEDA.  The suit stems from the breach of a lease agreement for 10 acres of ALC land in Radio, Barrigada where a slaughterhouse was to be built.

    More >>
  • Man charged with possessing child pornography released to his family

    Man charged with possessing child pornography released to his family

    A man who faces federal charges for receiving child pornography will be home for the holidays. On Friday morning, Joseph B. Pangelinan, Jr. was released to family and placed on electronic monitoring on the condition he stay off the Internet and away from children. Federal court documents show the alleged crime occurred two years ago, the content depicting minors being bound and involved in forced sexual acts. Pangelinan, who is represented by attorney Howard Trapp, pleaded not guil...More >>
    A man who faces federal charges for receiving child pornography will be home for the holidays. On Friday morning, Joseph B. Pangelinan, Jr. was released to family and placed on electronic monitoring on the condition he stay off the Internet and away from children. Federal court documents show the alleged crime occurred two years ago, the content depicting minors being bound and involved in forced sexual acts. Pangelinan, who is represented by attorney Howard Trapp, pleaded not guil...More >>
  • Victim of Thanksgiving Day crash identified as Wynonna Ngirachelsau

    Victim of Thanksgiving Day crash identified as Wynonna Ngirachelsau

    There has been new information released on the Thanksgiving tragedy that claimed the life of a 20 year old woman. The woman killed in Thursday's early morning crash in Yigo has been identified as Wynonna Ngirachelsau.

    More >>

    There has been new information released on the Thanksgiving tragedy that claimed the life of a 20 year old woman. The woman killed in Thursday's early morning crash in Yigo has been identified as Wynonna Ngirachelsau.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly