Decree of removal - KUAM.com-KUAM News: On Air. Online. On Demand.

Decree of removal

Posted: Updated:

by Sabrina Salas Matanane

Guam - KUAM News has confirmed that Archbishop Anthony Apuron has signed an official Decree of Removal related to Father Paul Gofigan. It was in July the Archbishop replaced Father Gofigan as the Parochial Administrator of Santa Barbara Church in Dededo. According to news files, the Archbishop removed him from the position because he did not follow a directive two years ago to fire a church employee who was known to have a sex offense on his record.  Father Gofigan wrote a letter to his parishioners at the time stating that he did terminate the employee. However a press release from the Archdiocese of Agana stated the individual still had an active presence in the parish as a volunteer.


 Responding to the Decree of Removal, Father Gofigan said that his attorney has filed an appeal to Rome. He told KUAM Wednesday evening that the Archbishop failed to reconsider his decision and to acknowledge the fact that he did not follow the proper procedures when he terminated him in the first place. Father Gofigan says his attorney is filing the appeal to a higher court in the church.

Father Gofigan is still a priest and is celebrating mass at St. Anthony's 

 

  • NEWS HEADLINESMore>>

  • American Red Cross Red Ball celebrates "Arc Angels"

    American Red Cross Red Ball celebrates "Arc Angels"

    The crowd showing up for the annual Red Ball event held at the Dusit Thani Resort in Tumon on Saturday.This year's theme was Arc Angels, celebrating the angels in our community. Attendees coming together to celebrate and support all that the American RedMore >>
    The crowd showing up for the annual Red Ball event held at the Dusit Thani Resort in Tumon on Saturday.This year's theme was Arc Angels, celebrating the angels in our community. Attendees coming together to celebrate and support all that the American Red More >>
  • Calvo officially requests for disaster declaration

    Calvo officially requests for disaster declaration

    Gov. Eddie Calvo has sent his official request to President Donald Trump for a major disaster declaration. He is asking that the entire territory be made eligible for public assistance, individual assistance and the Hazard mitigation grant program. CalvoMore >>
    Gov. Eddie Calvo has sent his official request to President Donald Trump for a major disaster declaration. He is asking that the entire territory be made eligible for public assistance, individual assistance and the Hazard mitigation grant program. Calvo More >>
  • Trial pushed back again for prison murder

    Trial pushed back again for prison murder

    Trial is pushed back yet again for the defendants charged in connection to last year's murder at the Department of Corrections. As reported, Edrite "Manson" Isar was found dead in his jail cell at the Hagatna lockup. Though it was initially believed he diMore >>
    Trial is pushed back yet again for the defendants charged in connection to last year's murder at the Department of Corrections. As reported, Edrite "Manson" Isar was found dead in his jail cell at the Hagatna lockup. Though it was initially believed he diMore >>
Powered by Frankly