Castle Doctrine bill sent back to committee - KUAM.com-KUAM News: On Air. Online. On Demand.

Castle Doctrine bill sent back to committee

Posted: Updated:

by Ken Quintanilla

Guam - It was earlier this week when 39 bills and resolutions were passed by lawmakers and now make their way to Adelup for final signature from Governor Eddie Calvo. One measure however didn't go up for vote as Senator Tony Ada himself decided to send his Bill 146 relative to the castle doctrine back to committee.

Ada hopes to address concerns raised not only by lawmakers but the Guam Police Department as well. He says GPD raised concern and felt the measure was "spooking people into buying guns and fortifying their homes," which Ada says it does not. "Some of the changes that were made is we tightened up the legislation and the language that we ensure it will only be in the home, in the car, or at their place of work and not just out in public like it was presumed to appear that way," he said.

Ada hopes to have it heard possibly during a December or January session.

  • NEWS HEADLINESMore>>

  • Policy approved for GDOE to operate interscholastic sports program

    Policy approved for GDOE to operate interscholastic sports program

    The Guam Education Board approved a policy to take over the operations of the interscholastic sports program which is currently being run by the IIAAG. Guam Education Board Member James Lujan made the motion for the Guam Department of Education to take ovMore >>
    The Guam Education Board approved a policy to take over the operations of the interscholastic sports program which is currently being run by the IIAAG. Guam Education Board Member James Lujan made the motion for the Guam Department of Education to take ovMore >>
  • Phillip Caso sentenced to 18 months for drugs

    Phillip Caso sentenced to 18 months for drugs

    It was an undercover bust by the Mandana Drug Task Force in September that led to a conviction back in March and now Phillip Vincent Caso has been sentenced to a year and a half confined at the Department of Corrections. As we reported in March a jury fouMore >>
    It was an undercover bust by the Mandana Drug Task Force in September that led to a conviction back in March and now Phillip Vincent Caso has been sentenced to a year and a half confined at the Department of Corrections. As we reported in March a jury fouMore >>
  • Vincent Cepeda found guilty of robbery

    Vincent Cepeda found guilty of robbery

    Vincent Rodriguez Cepeda faces anywhere between ten and 36 years in prison. On Tuesday a jury found him guilty of robbery charges. In February he was arrested after jumping into a person’s car in Hagatna. He had a machete in his hand and demanded caMore >>
    Vincent Rodriguez Cepeda faces anywhere between ten and 36 years in prison. On Tuesday a jury found him guilty of robbery charges. In February he was arrested after jumping into a person’s car in Hagatna. He had a machete in his hand and demanded caMore >>
Powered by Frankly