DPW acquiring land for Malesso bridge projects - KUAM.com-KUAM News: On Air. Online. On Demand.

DPW acquiring land for Malesso bridge projects

Posted: Updated:

by Jolene Toves

Guam - Slowly but surely the Department of Public Works is taking the necessary steps to move forward with repairs and construction on the island's southern bridges. DPW director Carl Dominguez said, "The Acfallen Bridge Project should start very soon the contractor has been mobilizing and setting up the field office in Inarajan as well we just opened up a bid to refurbish. Its called the Asmesa Bridge."

The Asmesa Bridge project will still need to go through the contracting and permit process with anticipated start date in February or March 2014. "On the Malesso side the two one lane bridges I am hoping we close the second of three properties we need to acquire and then the third property if we have to go through condemnation we will start that process the third week of next month," said Dominguez.

The bid for the two bridges will be released on November 19 with the bid opening on January 8. 

  • NEWS HEADLINESMore>>

  • American Red Cross Red Ball celebrates "Arc Angels"

    American Red Cross Red Ball celebrates "Arc Angels"

    The crowd showing up for the annual Red Ball event held at the Dusit Thani Resort in Tumon on Saturday.This year's theme was Arc Angels, celebrating the angels in our community. Attendees coming together to celebrate and support all that the American RedMore >>
    The crowd showing up for the annual Red Ball event held at the Dusit Thani Resort in Tumon on Saturday.This year's theme was Arc Angels, celebrating the angels in our community. Attendees coming together to celebrate and support all that the American Red More >>
  • Calvo officially requests for disaster declaration

    Calvo officially requests for disaster declaration

    Gov. Eddie Calvo has sent his official request to President Donald Trump for a major disaster declaration. He is asking that the entire territory be made eligible for public assistance, individual assistance and the Hazard mitigation grant program. CalvoMore >>
    Gov. Eddie Calvo has sent his official request to President Donald Trump for a major disaster declaration. He is asking that the entire territory be made eligible for public assistance, individual assistance and the Hazard mitigation grant program. Calvo More >>
  • Trial pushed back again for prison murder

    Trial pushed back again for prison murder

    Trial is pushed back yet again for the defendants charged in connection to last year's murder at the Department of Corrections. As reported, Edrite "Manson" Isar was found dead in his jail cell at the Hagatna lockup. Though it was initially believed he diMore >>
    Trial is pushed back yet again for the defendants charged in connection to last year's murder at the Department of Corrections. As reported, Edrite "Manson" Isar was found dead in his jail cell at the Hagatna lockup. Though it was initially believed he diMore >>
Powered by Frankly