Second phase of drug trafficking case begins - KUAM.com-KUAM News: On Air. Online. On Demand.

Second phase of drug trafficking case begins

Posted: Updated:

by Sabrina Salas Matanane

Guam - The second phase of the federal government's case against convicted drug traffickers Mateo Sardoma and Maria Edrosa got underway today in the District Court of Guam. There are two forfeiture allegations against the couple. According to the indictment federal authorities argue that three vehicles, a motorcycle, a television and $7,000 in cash were proceeds or derived from the illegal activity. 

Jurors were not made aware of the forfeiture until after the verdict was read earlier this week.  The defense was given additional time to prepare and closing arguments on the forfeiture phase got underway this morning. Sardoma, Edrosa and Rudy Sablan were found guilty Tuesday in a major multi-million dollar drug trafficking case.

Sardoma was described as a drug kingpin.

  • NEWS HEADLINESMore>>

  • More judges disqualified from hearing Tenorio case

    More judges disqualified from hearing Tenorio case

    Three more judges are out - saying they can't hear the criminal case against Lt. Gov. Ray Tenorio. According to Judge Maria Cenzon, she worked as legal counsel for the Calvo-Tenorio Administration before she took the bench. For Judge Michael Bordallo, it'More >>
    Three more judges are out - saying they can't hear the criminal case against Lt. Gov. Ray Tenorio. According to Judge Maria Cenzon, she worked as legal counsel for the Calvo-Tenorio Administration before she took the bench. For Judge Michael Bordallo, it'More >>
  • Procurement protest could mean public schools go uncleaned

    Procurement protest could mean public schools go uncleaned

    A protest filed with the OPA, regarding the procurement for custodial services, threatens the cleaning of GDOE schools. At a Guam Education Board Meeting, the Superintendent says he's requesting the Governor exercise emergency procurement authority to allMore >>
    A protest filed with the OPA, regarding the procurement for custodial services, threatens the cleaning of GDOE schools. At a Guam Education Board Meeting, the Superintendent says he's requesting the Governor exercise emergency procurement authority to allMore >>
  • Man, 25, charged with sexual assault of 6-year-old

    Man, 25, charged with sexual assault of 6-year-old

    A 25 year old man is accused of sexually assaulting a six year old girl known to him. Zachariah Pedro Concepcion is charged with second degree criminal sexual conduct along with a special allegation of vulnerable victim. Court documents state the suspect More >>
    A 25 year old man is accused of sexually assaulting a six year old girl known to him. Zachariah Pedro Concepcion is charged with second degree criminal sexual conduct along with a special allegation of vulnerable victim. Court documents state the suspect More >>
Powered by Frankly