Vote taken on separate location for urgent care - KUAM.com-KUAM News: On Air. Online. On Demand.

Vote taken on separate location for urgent care

Posted: Updated:

by Krystal Paco

Guam - If you're in need of urgent care, it looks like the up and coming facility will be a separate entity from the Guam Memorial Hospital emergency room. This news follows a vote at today's Urgent Care Planning Committee where members voted in favor of the separate location.

"I think the biggest thing is it going to be separate is it going to be its own identity? Yes it is. We have operational concerns about crowd control, hours of operation, and all this kind of stuff which the operational committee is going to have to come up with," said GHM administrator Joseph Verga says the committees will move forward with the framework for operations and staffing as well as budget.

Speaking of budget, Verga says the hospital has yet to receive any revenue for the urgent care facility.

Department of Administration director Benita Manglona says DOA continues to reconcile what was collected from gaming machines verses what was reported by the department of revenue and taxation.

The Urgent Care Planning Committee is slated to meet again on October 29 where they will iron out the logistics before presenting a final plan for the facility early next year.

  • NEWS HEADLINESMore>>

  • GCC, telecoms spearhead STEM program at Tiyan High

    GCC, telecoms spearhead STEM program at Tiyan High

    It's an effort to teach tech skills to our island's youth to start up Silicon Village. The Guam Community College, joined by island business leaders in Telecommunications, and the Guam Chamber of Commerce, launched GCC's newest Career and Technical EducatMore >>
    It's an effort to teach tech skills to our island's youth to start up Silicon Village. The Guam Community College, joined by island business leaders in Telecommunications, and the Guam Chamber of Commerce, launched GCC's newest Career and Technical EducatMore >>
  • Elderly man accused of molesting teen

    Elderly man accused of molesting teen

    A 77-year-old is behind bars accused of molesting a teen girl known to him. Doroteo Quintanilla Castro is charged with three counts of fourth degree criminal sexual conduct as a misdemeanor. Court documents detail the alleged incidents of him exposing himMore >>
    A 77-year-old is behind bars accused of molesting a teen girl known to him. Doroteo Quintanilla Castro is charged with three counts of fourth degree criminal sexual conduct as a misdemeanor. Court documents detail the alleged incidents of him exposing himMore >>
  • Archbishop addresses nearly 200 clergy sex abuse lawsuits

    Archbishop addresses nearly 200 clergy sex abuse lawsuits

    "We bear responsibility. We are culpable" - these words from Guam's Archbishop Michael Byrnes in his Message to the People of Christ. Last week, parties in the nearly 200 clergy sexual abuse lawsuits participated in mediation talks, but did not reach a glMore >>
    "We bear responsibility. We are culpable" - these words from Guam's Archbishop Michael Byrnes in his Message to the People of Christ. Last week, parties in the nearly 200 clergy sexual abuse lawsuits participated in mediation talks, but did not reach a glMore >>
Powered by Frankly