GMH requests $144M for FY2014 - KUAM.com-KUAM News: On Air. Online. On Demand.

GMH requests $144M for FY2014

Posted: Updated:

by Krystal Paco

Guam - Representatives from the Guam Memorial Hospital were first up this morning to present their Fiscal Year 2014 budget requests.

Unlike previous years, this is the first time GMH's request had included staff input as well as included expenditures historically overlooked, including appropriations for vendor payments and patient liabilities.

GMH chief financial officer Alan Ulirch says of the $144 million requested, $115 million is estimated to come from collections based on the assumption GMH is able to receive appropriate reimbursements from CMS.

GMH administrator Joseph Verga said, "We are prepared to make adjustments in our spending plan if you will based on if that does not happen. So for example we are prepared to make various adjustments through the service size and levels of the hospital to compensate accordingly. Whether it's defunding vacancies, reducing staff or reducing some services."

Looking ahead, Verga says GMH is prepared to be nimble as the new hospital in Dededo is set to come online summer of 2014.

  • NEWS HEADLINESMore>>

  • American Red Cross Red Ball celebrates "Arc Angels"

    American Red Cross Red Ball celebrates "Arc Angels"

    The crowd showing up for the annual Red Ball event held at the Dusit Thani Resort in Tumon on Saturday.This year's theme was Arc Angels, celebrating the angels in our community. Attendees coming together to celebrate and support all that the American RedMore >>
    The crowd showing up for the annual Red Ball event held at the Dusit Thani Resort in Tumon on Saturday.This year's theme was Arc Angels, celebrating the angels in our community. Attendees coming together to celebrate and support all that the American Red More >>
  • Calvo officially requests for disaster declaration

    Calvo officially requests for disaster declaration

    Gov. Eddie Calvo has sent his official request to President Donald Trump for a major disaster declaration. He is asking that the entire territory be made eligible for public assistance, individual assistance and the Hazard mitigation grant program. CalvoMore >>
    Gov. Eddie Calvo has sent his official request to President Donald Trump for a major disaster declaration. He is asking that the entire territory be made eligible for public assistance, individual assistance and the Hazard mitigation grant program. Calvo More >>
  • Trial pushed back again for prison murder

    Trial pushed back again for prison murder

    Trial is pushed back yet again for the defendants charged in connection to last year's murder at the Department of Corrections. As reported, Edrite "Manson" Isar was found dead in his jail cell at the Hagatna lockup. Though it was initially believed he diMore >>
    Trial is pushed back yet again for the defendants charged in connection to last year's murder at the Department of Corrections. As reported, Edrite "Manson" Isar was found dead in his jail cell at the Hagatna lockup. Though it was initially believed he diMore >>
Powered by Frankly