Guam will continue efforts with China visa waiver - KUAM.com-KUAM News: On Air. Online. On Demand.

Guam will continue efforts with China visa waiver

Posted: Updated:

by Sabrina Salas Matanane

Guam - Guam will continue its efforts with the china visa waiver in light of the recent resignation of secretary of homeland security Janet Napolitano. Governor Eddie Calvo's chief policy advisor Arthur Clark says while several intelligence issues will still remain over the China visa waiver, he hopes a new replacement will give the issue a new focus.

"But this is a good opportunity though for us to kind of restart the introduction of the issue and so we can go to whoever is in charge we've written numerous letters to Janet Napolitano so this will be our chance to reintroduce the issue and kind of kick off fresh like that and again maybe the person who ends up eventually in charge comes from a history of sympathy for economic growth in the states and territories," he told KUAM News.

Clark says he believes a decision on the China visa waiver will be made this year. Napolitano is the first female homeland security secretary and will leave her post by the end of August to become the president of the University of California.

  • NEWS HEADLINESMore>>

  • American Red Cross Red Ball celebrates "Arc Angels"

    American Red Cross Red Ball celebrates "Arc Angels"

    The crowd showing up for the annual Red Ball event held at the Dusit Thani Resort in Tumon on Saturday.This year's theme was Arc Angels, celebrating the angels in our community. Attendees coming together to celebrate and support all that the American RedMore >>
    The crowd showing up for the annual Red Ball event held at the Dusit Thani Resort in Tumon on Saturday.This year's theme was Arc Angels, celebrating the angels in our community. Attendees coming together to celebrate and support all that the American Red More >>
  • Calvo officially requests for disaster declaration

    Calvo officially requests for disaster declaration

    Gov. Eddie Calvo has sent his official request to President Donald Trump for a major disaster declaration. He is asking that the entire territory be made eligible for public assistance, individual assistance and the Hazard mitigation grant program. CalvoMore >>
    Gov. Eddie Calvo has sent his official request to President Donald Trump for a major disaster declaration. He is asking that the entire territory be made eligible for public assistance, individual assistance and the Hazard mitigation grant program. Calvo More >>
  • Trial pushed back again for prison murder

    Trial pushed back again for prison murder

    Trial is pushed back yet again for the defendants charged in connection to last year's murder at the Department of Corrections. As reported, Edrite "Manson" Isar was found dead in his jail cell at the Hagatna lockup. Though it was initially believed he diMore >>
    Trial is pushed back yet again for the defendants charged in connection to last year's murder at the Department of Corrections. As reported, Edrite "Manson" Isar was found dead in his jail cell at the Hagatna lockup. Though it was initially believed he diMore >>
Powered by Frankly