DOE prepping for start of classes August 19 - KUAM.com-KUAM News: On Air. Online. On Demand.

DOE prepping for start of classes August 19

Posted: Updated:

by Krystal Paco

Guam - Students may be out for summer break but the Department of Education is hard at work preparing for the upcoming school year.

In a media release, DOE superintendent Jon Fernandez says doe is working to ensure every school and classroom is ready to go come the first day of classes on August 19.

Over the summer months, master, teacher, and student scheduling are top priority as well as filling teacher vacancies, deep cleaning classrooms, and completing work order requests.

Fernandez says he's meeting with schools weekly for updates on their progress. He'll be visiting all 40 schools this month and will give further weekly updates via media outlets.

Meanwhile, the Adopt-A-School Program is well underway as GovGuam agencies have partnered with doe to volunteer their manpower to spruce up school grounds.

  • NEWS HEADLINESMore>>

  • American Red Cross Red Ball celebrates "Arc Angels"

    American Red Cross Red Ball celebrates "Arc Angels"

    The crowd showing up for the annual Red Ball event held at the Dusit Thani Resort in Tumon on Saturday.This year's theme was Arc Angels, celebrating the angels in our community. Attendees coming together to celebrate and support all that the American RedMore >>
    The crowd showing up for the annual Red Ball event held at the Dusit Thani Resort in Tumon on Saturday.This year's theme was Arc Angels, celebrating the angels in our community. Attendees coming together to celebrate and support all that the American Red More >>
  • Calvo officially requests for disaster declaration

    Calvo officially requests for disaster declaration

    Gov. Eddie Calvo has sent his official request to President Donald Trump for a major disaster declaration. He is asking that the entire territory be made eligible for public assistance, individual assistance and the Hazard mitigation grant program. CalvoMore >>
    Gov. Eddie Calvo has sent his official request to President Donald Trump for a major disaster declaration. He is asking that the entire territory be made eligible for public assistance, individual assistance and the Hazard mitigation grant program. Calvo More >>
  • Trial pushed back again for prison murder

    Trial pushed back again for prison murder

    Trial is pushed back yet again for the defendants charged in connection to last year's murder at the Department of Corrections. As reported, Edrite "Manson" Isar was found dead in his jail cell at the Hagatna lockup. Though it was initially believed he diMore >>
    Trial is pushed back yet again for the defendants charged in connection to last year's murder at the Department of Corrections. As reported, Edrite "Manson" Isar was found dead in his jail cell at the Hagatna lockup. Though it was initially believed he diMore >>
Powered by Frankly