No special election for Retirement Fund board vacancy - KUAM.com-KUAM News: On Air. Online. On Demand.

No special election for Retirement Fund board vacancy

Posted: Updated:

by Ken Quintanilla

Guam - The Guam Election Commission will not be holding a special election to fill the vacancy on the Government of Guam Retirement Fund board election. A seat was left vacant following the retirement of board member George Santos last month. GEC executive director Maria Pangelinan says only one person turned in a nomination packet but failed to meet the number of qualified signatures.

She says based on the Guam Code Annotated, the Retirement Fund board of trustees through a majority vote shall instead select an interim member.

The GEC meanwhile also submitted the Election Comparative Analysis Report for the 2012 General Election to the Guam Legislature and the Governor's Office. GEC executive director Maria Pangelinan says the over-140-page report is mandated by law and includes statistics from the last election along with expenses and information on provisional ballots. The report was initially due on June 30.

To view the report log on to gec.guam.gov.

  • NEWS HEADLINESMore>>

  • American Red Cross Red Ball celebrates "Arc Angels"

    American Red Cross Red Ball celebrates "Arc Angels"

    The crowd showing up for the annual Red Ball event held at the Dusit Thani Resort in Tumon on Saturday.This year's theme was Arc Angels, celebrating the angels in our community. Attendees coming together to celebrate and support all that the American RedMore >>
    The crowd showing up for the annual Red Ball event held at the Dusit Thani Resort in Tumon on Saturday.This year's theme was Arc Angels, celebrating the angels in our community. Attendees coming together to celebrate and support all that the American Red More >>
  • Calvo officially requests for disaster declaration

    Calvo officially requests for disaster declaration

    Gov. Eddie Calvo has sent his official request to President Donald Trump for a major disaster declaration. He is asking that the entire territory be made eligible for public assistance, individual assistance and the Hazard mitigation grant program. CalvoMore >>
    Gov. Eddie Calvo has sent his official request to President Donald Trump for a major disaster declaration. He is asking that the entire territory be made eligible for public assistance, individual assistance and the Hazard mitigation grant program. Calvo More >>
  • Trial pushed back again for prison murder

    Trial pushed back again for prison murder

    Trial is pushed back yet again for the defendants charged in connection to last year's murder at the Department of Corrections. As reported, Edrite "Manson" Isar was found dead in his jail cell at the Hagatna lockup. Though it was initially believed he diMore >>
    Trial is pushed back yet again for the defendants charged in connection to last year's murder at the Department of Corrections. As reported, Edrite "Manson" Isar was found dead in his jail cell at the Hagatna lockup. Though it was initially believed he diMore >>
Powered by Frankly