Verona Resort faces Friday deadline - KUAM.com-KUAM News: On Air. Online. On Demand.

Verona Resort faces Friday deadline

Posted: Updated:

by Nick Delgado

Guam - The Department of Public Works is giving Verona Resort & Spa until Friday to submit all the paperwork related to obtaining an occupancy permit. The company has been operating and allowing people to stay at the hotel, despite not having an occupancy permit on file with DPW.

The company believes that the occupancy permit obtained by the previous owners should still be valid, but they are unable to produce it because it was lost in a typhoon. DPW deputy director Carl Dominguez has told KUAM News that because the company filed for a building permit to conduct renovations, a new occupancy permit is required. He did not say what would happen if the hotel does not meet Friday's deadline.

Guam Fire Department Captain Joey Manibusan meanwhile says the Verona has been in communication and is cooperating with the process. GFD is just waiting for Verona to schedule a re-inspection. He adds according to Falcon Fire, Verona's fire protection systems are operational; however, there are still some issues that need to be resolved such as over a hundred sprinkler heads that were painted over.

  • NEWS HEADLINESMore>>

  • GCC, telecoms spearhead STEM program at Tiyan High

    GCC, telecoms spearhead STEM program at Tiyan High

    It's an effort to teach tech skills to our island's youth to start up Silicon Village. The Guam Community College, joined by island business leaders in Telecommunications, and the Guam Chamber of Commerce, launched GCC's newest Career and Technical EducatMore >>
    It's an effort to teach tech skills to our island's youth to start up Silicon Village. The Guam Community College, joined by island business leaders in Telecommunications, and the Guam Chamber of Commerce, launched GCC's newest Career and Technical EducatMore >>
  • Elderly man accused of molesting teen

    Elderly man accused of molesting teen

    A 77-year-old is behind bars accused of molesting a teen girl known to him. Doroteo Quintanilla Castro is charged with three counts of fourth degree criminal sexual conduct as a misdemeanor. Court documents detail the alleged incidents of him exposing himMore >>
    A 77-year-old is behind bars accused of molesting a teen girl known to him. Doroteo Quintanilla Castro is charged with three counts of fourth degree criminal sexual conduct as a misdemeanor. Court documents detail the alleged incidents of him exposing himMore >>
  • Archbishop addresses nearly 200 clergy sex abuse lawsuits

    Archbishop addresses nearly 200 clergy sex abuse lawsuits

    "We bear responsibility. We are culpable" - these words from Guam's Archbishop Michael Byrnes in his Message to the People of Christ. Last week, parties in the nearly 200 clergy sexual abuse lawsuits participated in mediation talks, but did not reach a glMore >>
    "We bear responsibility. We are culpable" - these words from Guam's Archbishop Michael Byrnes in his Message to the People of Christ. Last week, parties in the nearly 200 clergy sexual abuse lawsuits participated in mediation talks, but did not reach a glMore >>
Powered by Frankly