by Nick Delgado
Guam - The Department of Public Health says the suspension of services under the National Family Caregiver Support Program was a result of procurement issues that he hopes will be resolved with an emergency declaration before the governor.
"He wants to sign it right away because he doesn't want to have a lag longer than we need to that will signed off today and hopefully by Wednesday at the latest we will start services again with the provider that had been on board last contract year," said Public Health director Jim Gillan. He added that no one responded to the initial RFP that was sent out in August, and the FY2012 contractor wasn't aware of the new RFP. Several caregiver services are impacted as a result of the suspension including respite care and counseling services.