Guam - Carlo Borja was sentenced to 15 years in jail this morning after pleading guilty to a single charge of first degree criminal sexual conduct back in June. He's getting credit for the last six years he's spent in jail. It was in 2006 he was initially arrested. Borja confessed to his involvement in several crimes including the abduction of a 9 year old at knifepoint and an attempted kidnapping at a bus stop in Yigo. He also confessed to indecently exposing himself to a girl in Tamuning and harassing and assaulting two female minors on separate occasions in Tamuning and at Andersen Air Force Base, but earlier this year-- in exchange for his plea involving the 9 year old girl-- the other charges were dropped. In court today he apologized saying he waited more than six years to tell the victim he is truly sorry for causing suffering and hurt and it's something that he will carry with him for the rest of his life. He said that he loved the victim as a sister and asked for a chance to be a productive person and to better himself. Borja is a Philippine national and could face deportation. He was sentenced without the possibility of parole, but the judge said the Parole Division still has the option to provide it pending the completion of ¾ of his sentence.
An inmate is found dead at the Department of Correction prison overnight. Corrections officers reported inmate Luis Hocog was found unresponsive inside his Post 16 cell around 11 pm on Friday. The officer contacted the platoon commander of the situation and requested for medical assistance, a news release stated.More >>
An inmate is found dead at the Department of Correction prison overnight. Corrections officers reported inmate Luis Hocog was found unresponsive inside his Post 16 cell around 11 pm on Friday. The officer contacted the platooMore >>