by Mindy Aguon
Guam - The Guam Chamber of Commerce held its annual membership meeting today where a new board of directors was elected. In his end of the year address, board chairman Kaleo Moylan spoke of several issues affecting the Chamber, including Guam's political status, government finances, military buildup and the China-Russia visa waiver program in which chamber members are currently in Washington, DC meeting with federal officials.
"Inclusion of the China into our visa waiver program would prefer a significant economic benefit to both our economy and government coffers," Moylan noted. "This is a critical issue that we want resolved in Guam's favor."
The six (6) voting directors elected to serve a three-year term are:
1. Jay Rojas, Executive Vice President, SEI Guam, Managing Director, Construction Resources
2. Bartley A. Jackson, Chief Operating Officer, B&G Pacific LLC.
3. Michael R. Ady, President, M80 Office Systems, Inc.
4. Gerald S.A. Perez, Proprietor & Vice President, MicroMed Suppliers
5. Valentino G. Perez, Financial Advisor, Merrill Lynch
6. Lee Webber, President, Micronesian Divers Association
The two (2) Alternate Directors elected to serve a one-year term are: Jim Herbert, General Manager, Triple J Five Star Wholesale Foods, Inc. and Jehan'Ad G. Martinez, Principal, Corporate Secretary & Treasurer, Blair Sterling Johnson & Martinez, P.C. Jay Rojas was the highest vote-getter and will automatically serve on the Chamber's Executive Committee in 2012.
The eight (8) Directors elected today will join twelve (12) holdovers and comprise the 2012 Chamber Board. The holdovers are:
1. Lucy Alcorn, President, GFS Group
2. Joe Arnett, Partner, Tax Services, Deloitte & Touche, LLP
3. John Thos. Brown, Vice President, General Council, Director, Jones & Guerrero Company, Inc.
4. Laura-Lynn Dacanay, SVP/Guam-CNMI Region Manager, First Hawaiian Bank
5. Charlene Goo, General Manager, Outrigger Guam Resort
6. Lou Leon Guerrero, President, CEO, Chair of the Board, Bank of Guam
7. Monte Mesa, General Manager, Guam Premier Outlets, LLC
8. Kaleo Moylan, Director, Investments & Contracts, Moylan's Insurance Underwriters, Inc.
9. Annmarie Muna, President & General Manager, AM Insurance
10. Maureen Maratita, Publisher, Glimpses Publications, Glimpses of Guam
11. Mark Sablan, VP/Business Development, South Pacific Petroleum Corporation
12. Ron Young, Secretary/Treasurer, Security Title, Inc.