by Nick Delgado
Guam - If the Government of Guam continues to make good on payments, the Judiciary of Guam may not have to proceed with taking legal action for non-payment of their mandated allotments. According to court policy, planning and community relations director Maria Cenzon, the Department of Administration was able to make two payments to the Judiciary in the last two weeks.
She says that brings the percentage of allotments received to about 92%. The Judicial Council agreed to take legal action against DOA earlier this month for not paying $7.2 million owed to the court from the General Fund. The law states the Judiciary get 4.6% from revenue collections by the government.
Chief Justice F. Philip Carbullido said they are only asking for equitable treatment.
Guam High School and surrounding homes at Naval Hospital have been evacuated after a bomb threat is called in Thursday afternoon. The threat specifically targeted the school. GPD and Navy police are sweeping the area with K-9 units. The Naval Base Guam Explosive Ordnance Disposal unit is standing by in the event anything is found. Guam Homeland Security officials say all measures are being taken to ensure the safety of the public and first responders involved.More >>
The Guam Department of Education was alerted to an image on social media that showed a screenshot of a Facebook post claiming to shoot up, “SHS.”More >>