Bond funds will be exhausted in mid-July - KUAM.com-KUAM News: On Air. Online. On Demand.

Bond funds will be exhausted in mid-July

Posted: Updated:

by Nick Delgado

Guam - The Guam Fire Department so far spent about 85% of the $200,000 the agency got from the Department of Public Works' Public Safety Highway Bond earlier this year. GFD Acting Spokesperson Joey San Nicolas says the department will spend the remaining 15% of the funding by July 15.

The funds were made available so GFD could repair its medic fleet and get at least ten ambulances back on the streets. San Nicolas says repairs are still ongoing and there is no definite timeframe when the ambulances will be fixed.  He says there are currently five operable units up and running for the entire island in the villages of Barrigada, Tamuning, Yigo, Agat, and Inarajan.

He adds an additional medic is on standby and they are hoping to get another unit repaired by the end of today.

  • NEWS HEADLINESMore>>

  • Miss Earth Guam Emma Mae Sheedy holds book drive

    Miss Earth Guam Emma Mae Sheedy holds book drive

    She did it all For the love of books. Miss Earth Guam 2018 Emma Mae Sheedy held a book drive at UPI Elementary this week. For over one month, she collected more than 13 hundred lightly used books to help teach children the importance of reading and reusing. Emma also posting about her time with the youngsters on social media, stating, "The smiles on the students faces were unforgettable and remind me why I love being Miss Earth."More >>
    She did it all For the love of books. Miss Earth Guam 2018 Emma Mae Sheedy held a book drive at UPI Elementary this week. For over one month, she collected more than 13 hundred lightly used books to help teach children the importance of reading and reusing. Emma also posting about her time with the youngsters on social media, stating, "The smiles on the students faces were unforgettable and remind me why I love being Miss Earth."More >>
  • Utilities leaders detail increase to power rate

    Utilities leaders detail increase to power rate

    Valentine's Day may have just passed, but you're probably not loving your power bill. In an informational briefing today, GPA General Manager John Benavente and CCU Chair Joey Duenas appeared before Senators Telena Nelson and Regine Biscoe Lee to discuss current GPA concerns - one of them being power rate increases. As of this month, the fuel surcharge known as LEAC was raised to 14.7 cents per kilowatt, adding about $30 to the average power bill. And starting May 1, residents can an...More >>
    Valentine's Day may have just passed, but you're probably not loving your power bill. In an informational briefing today, GPA General Manager John Benavente and CCU Chair Joey Duenas appeared before Senators Telena Nelson and Regine Biscoe Lee to discuss current GPA concerns - one of them being power rate increases. As of this month, the fuel surcharge known as LEAC was raised to 14.7 cents per kilowatt, adding about $30 to the average power bill. And starting May 1, residents can an...More >>
  • Reprioritization authority main component of Aguon bill

    Reprioritization authority main component of Aguon bill

    Facing tough decisions after looming budget cuts, one lawmaker introduced a measure that would give GovGuam authority to reprioritize. Senator Frank Aguon Jr. introduced Bill 247 known as the Government Priorities Act of 2018. If signed into law, it would put Education, Health, and Public Safety as top priorities and group other agencies that can possibly be merged or even abolished. The Act would allow the Governor to take those necessary measures by means of an executive order. Yo...More >>
    Facing tough decisions after looming budget cuts, one lawmaker introduced a measure that would give GovGuam authority to reprioritize. Senator Frank Aguon Jr. introduced Bill 247 known as the Government Priorities Act of 2018. If signed into law, it would put Education, Health, and Public Safety as top priorities and group other agencies that can possibly be merged or even abolished. The Act would allow the Governor to take those necessary measures by means of an executive order. Yo...More >>
Powered by Frankly