CSC dismisses Guam Police's appeal - KUAM.com-KUAM News: On Air. Online. On Demand.

CSC dismisses Guam Police's appeal

Posted: Updated:

by Nick Delgado

Guam - The Civil Service Commission dismissed the appeal for the four Guam Police Department officers who were stripped of their badges and guns last year. CSC Executive Director Tony Lamorena says they decided to dismiss the case due to a lack of jurisdiction.

He says they could not handle the case because although the officers were demoted to civilian status, he says they did not receive a reduction in pay. As we reported, Captain Mark Charfauros and Officers Tracey Volta, J.P. Duenas and Jeff Santos were demoted after the department said they failed to meet necessary requirements when they were rehired with the force. The officers have since been reinstated to their official police positions.

The officers' attorney, William Poole, meanwhile says he has filed a motion for the CSC to reconsider the case. He tells KUAM News they still plan to take further action by taking the matter before the Superior Court.

  • NEWS HEADLINESMore>>

  • American Red Cross Red Ball celebrates "Arc Angels"

    American Red Cross Red Ball celebrates "Arc Angels"

    The crowd showing up for the annual Red Ball event held at the Dusit Thani Resort in Tumon on Saturday.This year's theme was Arc Angels, celebrating the angels in our community. Attendees coming together to celebrate and support all that the American RedMore >>
    The crowd showing up for the annual Red Ball event held at the Dusit Thani Resort in Tumon on Saturday.This year's theme was Arc Angels, celebrating the angels in our community. Attendees coming together to celebrate and support all that the American Red More >>
  • Calvo officially requests for disaster declaration

    Calvo officially requests for disaster declaration

    Gov. Eddie Calvo has sent his official request to President Donald Trump for a major disaster declaration. He is asking that the entire territory be made eligible for public assistance, individual assistance and the Hazard mitigation grant program. CalvoMore >>
    Gov. Eddie Calvo has sent his official request to President Donald Trump for a major disaster declaration. He is asking that the entire territory be made eligible for public assistance, individual assistance and the Hazard mitigation grant program. Calvo More >>
  • Trial pushed back again for prison murder

    Trial pushed back again for prison murder

    Trial is pushed back yet again for the defendants charged in connection to last year's murder at the Department of Corrections. As reported, Edrite "Manson" Isar was found dead in his jail cell at the Hagatna lockup. Though it was initially believed he diMore >>
    Trial is pushed back yet again for the defendants charged in connection to last year's murder at the Department of Corrections. As reported, Edrite "Manson" Isar was found dead in his jail cell at the Hagatna lockup. Though it was initially believed he diMore >>
Powered by Frankly