Authorities find 52 fugitive sex offenders - KUAM.com-KUAM News: On Air. Online. On Demand.

Authorities find 52 fugitive sex offenders

Posted: Updated:

by Nick Delgado

Guam - Several federal and local law enforcement authorities conducted Operation SCRAM (Sex Offender Compliance Registration and Monitoring.) this week. The U.S. Marshals, the U.S. Attorney's Office, and the Judiciary's Marshals and Probation Division checked approximately 154 registered sex offenders on Guam.

U.S. Marshals Senior Inspector John Untalan says out of that number, 52 fugitives were found to be breaking the rules. "At this point they either moved from their location and failed to update, they moved to off-island locations that we have yet to determine," he explained.

A $6,000 grant allowed those involved with Operation SCRAM to go house-to-house. U.S. Attorney for Guam and the CNMI Alicia Limtiaco said, "It talks about the importance of the ensuring the safety and protections of our children from online solicitation, from child sex tourism, from ensuring that any type of dangers that might come from technology facilitated criminal activity are all being aggressively pursued at all levels by law enforcement."

Operation SCRAM will continue throughout the year. During the operation they were also able to arrest two fugitives who had active warrants.

  • NEWS HEADLINESMore>>

  • American Red Cross Red Ball celebrates "Arc Angels"

    American Red Cross Red Ball celebrates "Arc Angels"

    The crowd showing up for the annual Red Ball event held at the Dusit Thani Resort in Tumon on Saturday.This year's theme was Arc Angels, celebrating the angels in our community. Attendees coming together to celebrate and support all that the American RedMore >>
    The crowd showing up for the annual Red Ball event held at the Dusit Thani Resort in Tumon on Saturday.This year's theme was Arc Angels, celebrating the angels in our community. Attendees coming together to celebrate and support all that the American Red More >>
  • Calvo officially requests for disaster declaration

    Calvo officially requests for disaster declaration

    Gov. Eddie Calvo has sent his official request to President Donald Trump for a major disaster declaration. He is asking that the entire territory be made eligible for public assistance, individual assistance and the Hazard mitigation grant program. CalvoMore >>
    Gov. Eddie Calvo has sent his official request to President Donald Trump for a major disaster declaration. He is asking that the entire territory be made eligible for public assistance, individual assistance and the Hazard mitigation grant program. Calvo More >>
  • Trial pushed back again for prison murder

    Trial pushed back again for prison murder

    Trial is pushed back yet again for the defendants charged in connection to last year's murder at the Department of Corrections. As reported, Edrite "Manson" Isar was found dead in his jail cell at the Hagatna lockup. Though it was initially believed he diMore >>
    Trial is pushed back yet again for the defendants charged in connection to last year's murder at the Department of Corrections. As reported, Edrite "Manson" Isar was found dead in his jail cell at the Hagatna lockup. Though it was initially believed he diMore >>
Powered by Frankly