by Sabrina Salas Matanane
Guam - Governor Felix Camacho signed several bills into law today. Several measures dealing with the Port Authority and the Ancestral Lands Commission were signed. Legislation providing funding to repair school buses was also penned as was a measure that would make utilization rates public to health insurance companies looking to contract with the Government of Guam.
As requested by The Esperansa Project, Governor Camacho vetoed Bill 54 or the Women's Reproductive Health Information Act of 2010. He also vetoed the highly contentious Bill 466 which would have changed hiring requirements for the top ranking seats at the Guam Police Department, this means things remain status quo for the hiring of the chief, deputy chief of police and the police commander positions.
The following bills have been enacted by the governor into public laws:
- Bill No. 306-30– PL 30-203: AN ACT TO REZONE LOT 1, BLOCK 2 OF THE SUBDIVISION OF LOT 1098 REMAINDER, LOCATED IN THE MUNICIPALITY OF BARRIGADA, GUAM, FROM RESIDENTIAL (R-1) TO COMMERCIAL (C); TO ALLOW FOR GREATER APPLICATION AND USE THE PROPERTY AND THE SURROUNDING AREA
- Bill No. 364-30 – PL 30-204: AN ACT TO AMEND SECTION 6 OF PUBLIC LAW 24-141, RELATIVE TO EVENT ADMISSIONS ASSESSMENT TO THE GUAM RACEWAY PARK
- Bill No. 401-30 – PL 30-205: AN ACT TO ADD A NEW §80105 (e) TO CHAPTER 80 OF TITLE 21, GUAM CODE ANNOTATED, RELATIVE TO THE TRANSFER OF PROPERTY UNDER THE JURISDICTION OF THE PORT AUTHORITY OF GUAM TO THE JURISDICTION OF THE GUAM ANCESTRAL LANDS COMMISSION
- Bill No. 402-30 – PL 30-206: AN ACT TO ADD A NEW §80105 (f) TO CHAPTER 80 OF TITLE 21, GUAM CODE ANNOTATED, RELATIVE TO THE TRANSFER OF PROPERTY UNDER THE JURISDICTION OF THE PORT AUTHORITY OF GUAM TO THE JURISDICTION OF THE GUAM ANCESTRAL LANDS COMMISSION
- Bill No. 403-30 – PL 30-207: AN ACT TO ADD A NEW §80105 (g) TO CHAPTER 80 OF TITLE 21, GUAM CODE ANNOTATED, RELATIVE TO THE TRANSFER OF PROPERTY UNDER THE JURISDICTION OF THE PORT AUTHORITY OF GUAM TO THE JURISDICTION OF THE GUAM ANCESTRAL LANDS COMMISSION
- Bill No. 431-30 – PL 30-208: AN ACT TO AMEND §4302 (b) OF CHAPTER 4, ARTICLE 3, TITLE 4, GUAM CODE ANNOTATED, RELATIVE TO PROVIDING UTILIZATION AND COST INFORMATION TO CURRENT AND PROSPECTIVE HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANIES WHO PROVIDE HEALTH CARE COVERAGE TO GOVERNMENT OF GUAM EMPLOYEES AND RETIREES
- Bill No. 442-30 – PL 30-209: AN ACT TO AUTHORIZE THE EXTENSION OF TH TERM OF THE LEASE BETWEEN THE PORT AUTHORITY OF GUAM AND CEMENTON MICRONESIA, LLC, FOR A TERM OF UP TO THIRTY (30) YEARS
- Bill No. 450-30 – PL 30-210: AN ACT TO AMEND §8150 OF ARTICLE 1, CHAPTER 8, TITLE 4 OF THE GUAM CODE ANNOTATED, RELATIVE TO INVESTMENTS IN BONDS OF UNITED STATES AND FEDERAL INSTRUMENTALITIES
- Bill No. 453-30 – PL 30-211: AN ACT TO APPROVE THE OFFICIAL ZONING MAP F3 67S 52, THE DOS AMANTES PLANNING AREA AND ALL RELATED ZONING AMENDMENT
- Bill No. 459-30 – PL 30-212: AN ACT TO AMEND §51821(a) OF ARTICLE 8, CHAPTER 51 OF TITLE 10, GUAM CODE ANNOTATED, RELATIVE TO THE USE OF PROCEEDS OF SALE OF BONDS
- Bill No. 461-30 – PL 30-213: AN ACT TO ADD A NEW ARTICLE 2 TO CHAPTER 40, OF TITLE 5, GUAM CODE ANNOTATED, RELATIVE TO CREATING A COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIP COUNCIL (CPC), FOR THE PURPOSES OF IDENTIFYING SITES AND FUNDING FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF MULTIPURPOSE CENTERS FOR EVERY VILLAGE, WHICH SHALL BE KNOWN AS THE ‘COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIP ACT OF 2010'
- Bill No. 463-30 – PL 30-214: AN ACT TO REPEAL AND REENACT §34152 OF ARTICLE 1, CHAPTER 34, TITLE 5, GUAM CODE ANNOTATED, RELATIVE TO DISBURSING CHILD SUPPORT PAYMENTS BY ELECTRONIC MEANS
- Bill No. 467-30 – PL 30-215: AN ACT TO AMEND SUBSECTION (a) OF §3107 OF ARTICLE 1, CHAPTER 3 OF TITLE 22, GUAM CODE ANNOTATED, RELATIVE TO COMPENSATION FOR PUBLIC SAFETY PERSONNEL WHO PERFORM WORK IN SHIFTS
- Bill No. 473-30 – PL 30-216: AN ACT TO REPROGRAM AND APPROPRIATE FUNDS FROM THE LIMITED OBLIGATION HIGHWAY BONDS AUTHORIZED BY PUBLIC LAW 19-2, RELATIVE TO IMPROVING THE AVAILABILITY OF DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS (DPW) SCHOOL BUSES BY THE REFURBISHING OF SELECTED SCHOOL BUSES; PERFORMING OVERDUE PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE SERVICES; PURCHASING OF TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT FOR BUS MAINTENANCE; AND THE REPAIRING OF FACILITIES AT THE DPW BUS STATIONS; AND TO REPAIR VEHICLES OF THE GUAM POLICE DEPARTMENT, AND THE GUAM FIRE DEPARTMENT
- Bill No. 474-30 – PL 30-217: AN ACT TO REPROGRAM THE SUM OF ONE MILLION FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS ($1,050,000) FROM UNUSED BOND PROCEEDS TO THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS FOR THE PAVING OF VILLAGE STREETS AS A RESULT OF TRAFFIC DIVERSIONS RELATED TO ONGOING ROAD CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS
Governor Camacho also vetoed the following bills.
- Bill No. 54-30: AN ACT TO ADD A NEW §3218.1 TO CHAPTER 3, ARTICLE 2 OF TITLE 10, GUAM CODE ANNOTATED, RELATIVE TO ESTABLISHING THE INFORMED CONSENT REQUIREMENT FOR A WOMAN CONSIDERING AN ABORTION; AND TO CITE THE ACT AS THE ‘WOMEN'S REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH INFORMATION ACT OF 2010'
- Bill No. 372-30: AN ACT TO AMEND §13201(b) OF ARTICLE 2, CHAPTER 13, TITLE 19 OF THE GUAM CODE ANNOTATED, RELATIVE TO THE REPORTING OF SUSPECTED CHILD ABUSE OR NEGLECT BY CLERGY PERSONNEL OF CHURCHES, OR OTHER RELIGIONS ORGANIZATIONS
- Bill No. 438-30: AN ACT TO ADD NEW SUBSECTIONS (5), (6), (7) AND (8) TO §13109 (a), CHAPTER 13 OF TITLE 2, GUAM CODE ANNOTATED, RELATIVE TO SECTION 30 FUNDS AND OTHER FEDERAL MATTERS
- Bill No. 466-30: AN ACT TO AMEND §§77109 AND 7712, AND TO REPEAL §77110 OF CHAPTER 77, ARTICLE 1, TITLE 10, GUAM CODE ANNOTATED, RELATIVE TO THE CHIEF OF POLICE, THE DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE, AND THE POLICE COMMANDEER OF THE GUAM POLICE DEPARTMENT