by Nick Delgado
Guam - The 17-year-old boy that escaped from the Department of Youth Affairs last week is back in the custody of local authorities. Agency Acting Director Pascual Artero says at approximately 9:40 this morning the teenager was brought back to facility by his mother.
Last Tuesday the pair of minors escaped from the facility. The first client was returned to DYA by his mother the following day. Artero says an internal investigation is ongoing to determine how they got out. "That includes interviews walk-through area and from there they'll make their finding. They'll interview who is related to the incident and from there they'll be submitting their report," said Artero.
This is the second time this month a pair of minors was reported to have escaped from the Mangilao facility.