Guam - Residents may notice an increase in millipedes - the generally black or brown insects that curl into a coil when you touch them. John Borja with the Department of Agriculture attributes this increase to the dry season and says parents should not be overly concerned, as the millipede is not toxic.
"Unless of course they eat one too many, they excrete some liquid but it is basically non- toxic, but you shouldn't put it in your mouth because who knows who may have an allergic reaction. But they do not sting, so they have no venom in them," he explained.
The best way to get rid of the millipede is to pick them up and throw them away, or to use bug repellant spray to kill or deter them.